Menu
barrys59
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

4K set top box

Does anyone know if the new 4K set top box which is rumoured to be released this year will be available to current TiVo subscribers at no extra cost?

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4K set top box

barrys59 wrote:

Does anyone know if the new 4K set top box which is rumoured to be released this year will be available to current TiVo subscribers at no extra cost?

Are there even going to be channels airing in 4k yet?

Because seems a bit pointless to have a 4k box if nothing is being aired in 4k

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If anybody does know (and I'm sure some higher ups in VM do) then they will not be allowed to discuss it in public until the box is officially launched.

I'd be very surprised if all current Tivo subscribers got the new box for no extra cost.  It might be offered to customers on the VIP package at no extra cost, but I suspect all other package customers will have to pay something extra for it.  Sky are charging setup fees for existing customers to upgrade to their new 4k box so I'd expect VM to do the same, at least until they decide to drop the old Tivo box and make the new box the standard which I doubt they will be doing anytime soon.

There is some 4K content from BT Sport & Sky Sport, but I think most of the currently available content is streamed from Amazon Prime, Netflix & YouTube.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

Tudor
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It would be a good marketing move by VM to give TiVo users the new box and then redistribute the old TiVo boxes, for free, to all users. This would then get all users on the same TiVo platform.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos