Menu
madfish
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

3043 error

This week I had my TV package changed from XL to M as I was not making use of all the channels, they updated fine on my TIVO but my V Box upstairs is now showing the screen Ref 3043 on any channel but freeview (where I get a smartcard message), the Indian helpline were pretty useless, i'm sure it just needs a signal sent but they want to get an engineer round for a faulty box. I know its a possibility but it seems strange that it's worked fine for ages and just happens to go faulty on the day my channels get downgraded!

0 Kudos
soul1
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3043 error

Hi madfish, if you can wait a couple of days, then one of the Virgin Forum Team should pick up your post and send you a reply hopefully with a solution. Hope this helps Smiley Happy
Started with Bell Cablemedia in the early 90's and now with Virgin Media. How time flies...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi madfish,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this error on your VBox since the downgrade.  I'll be happy to help out here.  

I can see you have an engineer booked to get this sorted which is great to see.  Just looking things over, I can see the VBox is showing 'offline' currently.  Can you please let me know if the box is currently turned off?  Once confirmed I can check further for you.

I'm here to help if you need me. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
madfish
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No it's on, I was wondering if the card has been turned off after I changed packages

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Madfish,

Cheers for getting back in touch so soon.

I'd like to arrange an engineer out for you. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little blue envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
madfish
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but this just confirms to me what I've been thinking this past week, Virgin Media are all over the place. I have spoken to your helpline who informed me the box was faulty despite my point that it was strange that it was faulty the day the package was downgraded. I did ask if the box had been switched off as part of the change but was informed no. Test after test until the engineer came Saturday and managed to clear up the fact it was no longer part of my package within 30 seconds of walking through the door.

For one why does it take 30 mins on the phone for one of your 'Tech Team' not to notice this, and another why was the box removed from my contract. I did not ask for it to be removed nor did the guy ask me when discussing the downgrade and have the transcript from the online chat to show this.

I am then offered another engineer visit 2 days later to fix a box that has been removed from my house!.

0 Kudos