Menu
rcullen1964
Tuning in
Message 1 of 233
Flag for a moderator

£3 TV increase from September

hmm just got an email from Virgin Media:

"The price of your TV package is going up so we can bring you bigger, better entertainment."

Great so a £3 increase.  So much for the UK having zero inflation rate Smiley Sad

Even more annoying:

"The great news is we’re giving you a brand new channel to enjoy, BT Sport Europe HD",

Thanks muchly but I don't want sport channels.  This is not bigger better entertainment

Can somebody please tell all of the TV distribution companies, Virgin, BT, Sky or whoever has excessively deep pockets that I don't have those deep pockets.  I don't in any way want to be seen to be assisting the funding of the overpaid prima donnas that call them selves footballers or whatever.

Sports channels are not an inducement to everyone to get digital TV subscriptions.  If we want such premium channels they should be an add on, so we don't all fund the cost.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 233
Flag for a moderator

Re: £3 TV increase from September

Couldn't agree more. I shall be looking at Sky

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 233
Flag for a moderator

rcullen1964 wrote:

hmm just got an email from Virgin Media:

"The price of your TV package is going up so we can bring you bigger, better entertainment."

Great so a £3 increase.  So much for the UK having zero inflation rate Smiley Sad

Even more annoying:

"The great news is we’re giving you a brand new channel to enjoy, BT Sport Europe HD",

Thanks muchly but I don't want sport channels.  This is not bigger better entertainment

Can somebody please tell all of the TV distribution companies, Virgin, BT, Sky or whoever has excessively deep pockets that I don't have those deep pockets.  I don't in any way want to be seen to be assisting the funding of the overpaid prima donnas that call them selves footballers or whatever.

Sports channels are not an inducement to everyone to get digital TV subscriptions.  If we want such premium channels they should be an add on, so we don't all fund the cost.

Yes, everyone but us lives in cloud cuckoo land. Turned on the news this morning & apparently were all being paid 2.7% more now, & inflation is running at 0%. Dont you believe it!!!

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 4 of 233
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 233
Flag for a moderator

Sololobo wrote:

http://www.seenit.co.uk/how-virgin-media-tries-to-blame-bt-for-hiking-up-its-prices/

As someone who does watch football I have to agree with that article. Tough luck to anyone who has XL but has no interest in football.

Great that VM have the channel but not pleased about how they have handled the announcement.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 233
Flag for a moderator

Frank-gm wrote;

I would point out how totally useless VM are but, since some of my recent posts have been deleted by the regime for having the temerity to be critical of them, I better not.
Remember children, you are merely paying customers which does not give you the right to criticise.

Been down the same route with VM...

Dare to criticise and be censored, post removed, no explanation etc,etc, (watch THIS one get 'deleted)

VM price hike to line their own pockets,  have NO regard for their 'customers' who actually pay their wages/vastly inflated salaries. Totally ignore any complaints, and just continue with their 'legalised robbery' by upping their charges and offering nothing in turn except excuses that 'it is always someone else's fault'

Tough if you don't want something they insist you have , just means you have to line their pockets at your expense....

VM ARE totally useless...Broadband riddled with faults and over utilisation, TV/Tivo that hardly ever works,  TV anywhere that work nowhere, mobile service (ha, ha, ha,) that is worse on H than others on 3G (when it works, or you can get a signal!!)   'Customer Service' that is a JOKE even if you get the UK ones...

oGunnerso
Dialled in
Message 7 of 233
Flag for a moderator

Just a thought, you could always switched provider.
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 8 of 233
Flag for a moderator

rcullen1964 wrote:

,,,,  I don't in any way want to be seen to be assisting the funding of the overpaid prima donnas that call them selves footballers or whatever.

You may not want to fund them, but you will be.  Sky are paying over £10million per game in the new deal and they won't finance that simply via premium sports subscriptions.  It is loss leader to attract people onto the platforms who then subscribe to the other services/channels.  The only arena where Sky is facing true competition are streaming services like Netflix and Amazon which have driven down the basic cost of a movie subscription to less than £5 per month. 

rcullen1964
Tuning in
Message 9 of 233
Flag for a moderator

I'm, not sure that I will be funding Sky's Sports bonanza?  I'm on the VM TV platform, at least for the time being until the point that the price their services so high that I really do look elsewhere.  I don't do the premium channels of Movies or Sport.  So how am I funding Sky's bonanza?  But I now object that I could be funding BT's rivalry too.

arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 10 of 233
Flag for a moderator

rcullen1964 wrote:

I don't do the premium channels of Movies or Sport.  So how am I funding Sky's bonanza?  

If Sky One is part of your package that's earning them money from Virgin along with the umpteen other channels they provide.  

157Fox Fox International Channels (News Corporation)08:00 - 05:00TV XL16:9 SDTV 
158Fox HD Fox International Channels (News Corporation)08:00 - 05:00TV XL1080i HDTV 

109Sky Living British Sky Broadcasting24 hoursTV M+16:9 SDTV 
110Sky Living HD British Sky Broadcasting24 hoursTV XL1080i HDTV 
111Sky Living +11 hour timeshift of Sky Living.British Sky Broadcasting24 hoursTV M+16:9 SDTV 
112Sky Livingit British Sky Broadcasting24 hoursTV L16:9 SDTV 
121Sky1 British Sky Broadcasting24 hoursTV M+16:9 SDTV 
122Sky1 HD British Sky Broadcasting24 hoursTV XL1080i HDTV 
123Sky2 British Sky Broadcasting24 hoursTV M+16:9 SDTV 
139Challenge British Sky Broadcasting24 hoursTV M16:9 SDTV 
140Challenge +11 hour timeshift of Challenge.British Sky Broadcasting24 hoursTV M16:9 SDTV 
160Sky Livingit +11 hour timeshift of Sky Livingit.British Sky Broadcasting24 hoursTV L16:9 SDTV 
180Pick TV British Sky Broadcasting24 hoursTV M16:9 SDTV 
0 Kudos