Menu
RUSNAFU
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

2nd V+ box now also dead

Good morning,

I'm looking for some advice regarding a dead V+ box.

This is the 2nd box we've had with the same fault in less than a month.

The box appears completely dead, the lights flash on briefly when powering up but they're gone within a second or two.

If I hold the power button to reboot I get the 'stop' message which is then impossible to clear without cutting the power and going back to square one.

We had the same fault on the last box but it miraculously started working the afternoon of the engineers visit.

Is there a different way of resetting the box or will  this be another replacement?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2nd V+ box now also dead

The thing to remember with the V+HD is that it went out of production in 2011, so every unit VM installs now will have had previous owners & will have been refurbished at least once. The original units were very reliable. The refurbs are certainly not as good, & you will see quite a few posts on this forum where units "fail on fit" or shortly after. More than likely you are looking at another replacement here.

The standard VM box now is the TiVO, which is provided as standard with all new or upgrade packages. Would be worth considering phoning & re-negotiating your contract. You may save some money.

If you already have a TiVO, adding a second on one of the latest bundles only costs £1 more a month than your existing V+.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
RUSNAFU
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply and the info.

Yeah, it's a second box, our main TV is a TiVo.

I'll give customer services a call and see what I can negotiate, we're already on a deal with high discount so it may be more than the £1 difference

0 Kudos
RUSNAFU
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice however, I tried with the negotiation and failed miserably!

VM installed a 3rd V+ box which now sounds like a aeroplane taking off whenever we watch that TV (and sometimes when its on standby).

I called to complain about this box and the best they could do was offer to post out a 4th - no thanks. They wouldn't even reduce the bill for the time (months) its been out of service!

I then tried to negotiate a new deal but all I was offered was a reduction in services with a very small monthly saving.

I've now cancelled all my services after over 10 years of loyalty and I'm currently looking for a deal elsewhere.

I'm really not impressed.....

0 Kudos