Menu
Ricey1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I rang Virgin earlier saying I had an error message on my TV. I rang the help line and was on the phone for 50 mins, spoke to 3 people but still no resolution. The last person from Virgin I spoke to decided to hang up on me. Please, please can someone from Virgin help me as this cannot be right.

I just want my services back to normal and so far no one can help me. Please can somebody from Virgin Media get back to me.

Many thanks
Marc
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2001

The 2001 error on a V+ is loss of V+ services. This can be account related, but is usually a hard disk problem. The former can be fixed over the phone, but the latter usually requires an engineer visit to be booked.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Ricey1, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you were experiencing this error message on your V+ box, I taken a look at things from this end and can see that you've spoken to our faults department since you made this post, and all now seems to be working again. 

Should you still be experiencing an issue, please let me know so I can take another look at things, but so far the testing that I've done is not showing any issues. 

Apologies once more

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Shabadoobs
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

can anyone from Virgin help me out asap. I've accepted an upgrade to TiVo, faster internet and a short term deal on sky sports as a long standing customer deal. It appears that the account has been set up in readiness for the new box and I now have no v+ services so between now and the new box arriving I can't watch what I've taped or tape anything new.

I phoned 150 last night for about 40mins and was told by faults I would need to go to customer services because the v+ codes need to be put back on because even though it's set up for TiVo now I won't have that for another few days! Customer services said they had redone our upgrade order so that v+ would still be active until the switchover and it would be 15mins or so but it's nearly 10 hours on and it's still not working.

I would also be grateful if you could look at our upgrade order, I was told that the TiVo and Internet upgrades would have no permanent increase to our package price other than the 3 month sky sports deal which I will cancel at that point. I just want to make sure we understood each other on the phone.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shabadoobs, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having with getting your V+ box reactivated. 

I've taken a look at the account and can see the V+ is showing online currently although I'm only seeing what we call a Dummy code on the account. Are your V+ services working as before yet?

With regards to the account, we are not able to give any account specific information via the forums. Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to confirm pricing with you Smiley Happy

Keep us posted,

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos