Menu
nixzee
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

what signal strength is adequate for 4k/ultra hd???

2 virgin guys came today to do a repull that was booked in by another engineer that came to do the original install. signal strength was +0.7 a few weeks ago but according to the 2 guys that came out today it is +2.0 The 2 guys that came today seemed more worried that it might start raining and didn't do a repull and said everything is fine!!!! signal strength on diagnostic via tv is 30% is this normal??? I know a few people that used to work for avonline and telewest etc that i might get one of them to check it all over but i would rather not pull in a favour. Also they fitted some sort of booster a few weeks ago when the signal was poor and i want to remove this as it looks like spaghetti junction between the router and tivo box. can anybody shed some light before i pull in a favour? Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: what signal strength is adequate for 4k/ultra hd???

Give them a ring - they can assess the signal levels at your TV & SuperHub and advise if they're out of spec.

If not, don't touch anything! Smiley Very Happy

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi nixzee, 

Thanks for your post and query regarding your signal levels. 

Checking your account, things are currently looking good. Removing the booster would mean your levels would be affected and can cause all sorts of issues. It'll need to stay there.

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
nixzee
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I removed it and replaced it with a £3 labgear splitter from scerwfix and the picture quality has improved????

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

/facepalm

And how much noise is the £3 splitter adding back to the network potentially causing issues for everyone else connected to your street cabinet?!?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos