Menu
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

what a farce with V6 pricing

So originally I ordered 1 V6 box, then found on my package I could get the 2nd free.. so 1 week ago I rang to add the 2nd box. At first the CS guy said it would be £50 for the 2nd box too, so I said that it should be free on my package. He went off and checked and said yes, free for 2nd box, but he said it would be 2 activation fees and no matter what I said to him, he would not change that. So today I rang back (hoping to get someone else who would know what they were talking about) to change the 2nd activation fee. Oh nope.. he said it is down for only 1 activation fee, but I was being charged £50 for 2nd box... grr. So I asked to be put through to Retentions and at last! I got someone that knew what he was talking about and got it sorted once and for all.. Only the 1st box being charged for and only 1 activation fee. So to the guys in Retentions Yay! and thanks for the help.. to first line CS.. crap.. please Virgin teach your CS staff what they need to know..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: what a farce with V6 pricing

I assume offshore CS?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Actually no.. all calls were UK CS

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Activation Fee's are a way of making up for "free installations" and are unneccessary
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I really don't mind paying 1 activation fee.. my issue was I kept being told different costs everytime I rang.. 1st was told I would pay for both boxes.. then only 1 box but 2 activation fees.. then paying for 2 boxes but 1 activation fee.. eventually had to get on to Retentions to get to only pay for 1 box and 1 activation fee. Retentions suggested that 1st line CS did not have the correct codes for giving the reduced pricing. Who knows why? I just think all CS should be on the same page. Can't be too much to ask can it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corinneangela, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you had trying to get the correct pricing sorted for when you ordered your second V6 box. 

Each department has different codes for the orders and it is really easy to get a little confused. I can only apologise and will ensure feedback is given to the departments to highlight the correct codes. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let me know. I'll take a look at the order to ensure things are as they should be. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos