Menu
gavcav
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

virgin V6 and harmony remote problem

hello,

hope you can help me out with my virgin V6 and harmony?..i cannot get sound or picture if i select my harmony activity to watch virgin tv..but if i select any other activity, then select virgin tv it works!

i've just spent 3 1/2 hrs on the telephone with logitech trying to sort it out and it's baffled everyone there!

regs gavin

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin V6 and harmony remote problem

probably due to the stupidity vagiaries of HDCP your devices have to be powered on in a specific sequence before they will allow protected content, & the harmony is doing it wrong, or all at once.

this is what you get when hollywood lawyer types get involved in Digitial Rights management. 

and it's not as if you are paying for it - oh sillly me you are. Muchly. the folks who have zero problems are the tech savvy torrent users who don't pay. they can switch devices on in any order they like and their HD content just works.C'est la vie. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
gavcav
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin V6 and harmony remote problem

thanks!

my previous tivo works fine, the inputs for the previous tivo apparently are the same as the new V6 and will work..the V6 isn't on the harmony database yet.. as i mentioned i've just been on the phone for 3 hrs with logitech and they confirmed that.

the sequences are identical for both so why the previous tivo works and the V6 doesn't is confusing..i've tried looking at time intervals for booting and turning off regs delays? but nothing seems to change things? 

0 Kudos