Menu
kcin88
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

v6 problem responding to remote

Anyone else having a problem with the v6 responding to the remote? It freezes after clicking through a few menu items.  The light on the remote comes on every time, but the box is not responding. Anyone else?

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 problem responding to remote

Is your remote paired properly with the V6 (settings/devices..)

When you press the remote is the light on the box flashing at the same time, I have had occasions when the box has gone sluggish, and either it gets better after a while or has to be reset.

0 Kudos
kcin88
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes the light on the remote flashes. No the corresponding response on the box does not occur.
When I turn the box on the sound is often muted and I have to change channel, turn it off and turn it back on again to get sound.
I just turned it on now and I've been waiting 10 mins now for the 'Waking up' splash screen to exit.
But the issue with the remote is the most irritating. Even after I unplug the box and reboot it has the same problem.
0 Kudos
kcin88
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is it paired properly? Yes it is. Not by the engineer but by me. He was hopeless.
0 Kudos
kcin88
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've rung twice now to customer service, and both times I've been transferred to another team and the line mysteriously goes dead.

Thanks Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi kcin88

I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently. I've located your account to take a closer look at this from our end and I can see that an appointment has been arranged for an engineer to come and take a closer look. 

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kcin88
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was promised the engineer would stay until the problem was fixed.

Nope.

He doesn't know anything about the new boxes and can't do anything.  

I asked him to link the two boxes together, but says he can't.  He said he didn't even know that they could be connected.

He just came off a call to his supervisor and says he told him this is a wide spread problem.

He gave me a new remote, but small consolation after waiting 8 days for him to turn up.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about all of this kcin88,

I've located your account and can see that a further appointment has been arranged for you.

There is a known issue regarding the V6 becoming unresponsive with the remote control. We've been advising customers to reboot to see if this provides a resolve in the meantime.

Let me know how you get on with this,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
kcin88
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

how long has this been known?

I've rung many many times and no one has mentioned this before.

Is there a published list of known issues?

If so, can we vote on the ones we, the customers, value the most and want doing first?

Nat_J wrote:

There is a known issue regarding the V6 becoming unresponsive with the remote control. We've been advising customers to reboot to see if this provides a resolve in the meantime.

0 Kudos
kcin88
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nat_J wrote:

I've located your account and can see that a further appointment has been arranged for you.

Oh yes, I took a day off to be home and although I was promised the engineer would not leave until it was fixed, he took one look at the box and said he didn't know anything about 'those new boxes' and left.  He's arranged for someone to come tomorrow.  Very useful... I have holiday to burn and nowhere else I'd rather be with my family.

0 Kudos