Menu
wyre
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

v6/internet

i had  a v6 installed in dec  the move my hub from by my pc to  by the v6 box and left my pc wireless which is not  so go conection now  ,  I have a engineer coming Thursday to move the hub back , they say about a powerline  conection  adapter but I have told them  the only spare sockets I have near  pc or v6 box are on ex leads ,would  they work on leads?  or could I get a long ehternet cable running through in to lounge from my bedroom to lounge  as I am in a flat it is just a case of drilling a hole in the wall , or can v6s work wirelessly without any leads .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6/internet

A wired connection will always be the most stable. A power line connection can be used, also WiFi, provided the signal is strong enough.

Power line connectors are not recommend for use via extension leads, that said I have been using one via an extension lead for months without issue. You can get power line adapters with pass though so they plug directly in the wall socket and the extension lead goes into the power line pass though.
wyre
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6/internet

Graham_A wrote:
A wired connection will always be the most stable. A power line connection can be used, also WiFi, provided the signal is strong enough.

Power line connectors are not recommend for use via extension leads, that said I have been using one via an extension lead for months without issue. You can get power line adapters with pass though so they plug directly in the wall socket and the extension lead goes into the power line pass though.

thanks Graham  

0 Kudos