Menu
daleyp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

v6 boxes not linked

my 2 tivo v6 boxes were linked.main box was on ethernet but is now wireless.now i cannot access shows recorded on the other box..
0 Kudos
Chippy8
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 boxes not linked

Similar problem here, I have just spoken to virgin tech on the telephone and have been told that my two v6 boxes need to connect to the network with powerline kits to be able to access each boxes recordings. They do not connect to each other wirelessly, this was a suprise to me and a dissapointment.

0 Kudos
daleyp
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

mine was on ethernet downstairs and wireless up.worked till i unplugged the ethernet. engineer that fitted told me they worked wireless.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

daleyp wrote:
mine was on ethernet downstairs and wireless up.worked till i unplugged the ethernet. engineer that fitted told me they worked wireless.

They do, but if you've set the box up via Ethernet, then you need to set it up again to work via wifi as well.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Chippy8
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My V6 boxes work fine but do not access each others programs, why are Virgin sending me powerlink kits if they are supposed to work wirelessly? The technician on the phone spoke to her manager who stated they do not share programs wirelessly? I am confused.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you watch something on BBCi player on both simultaneously ?

0 Kudos
daleyp
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

my downstairs box is on ethernet.upstairs is wireless.works fine now viegin linked them back up over the phone.
0 Kudos