Menu
THEMODFATHER
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

v6 box shuts down

Every time i switch my tv off the V6 box shuts down and I have to wait till it restarts when I switch tv back on again.As a result of this programmes I have set to record fail to record because the box keeps shutting down.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: v6 box shuts down

google HDMI - CEC - turn off any such settings in your TV preferences- It may not be called that - some manufacturers use their own names for the feature. - e.g. samsung call it anynet. disabling it should help 

disabling it should help 

Jump to: navigation, search. Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) is a feature ofHDMI designed to allow users to command and control devices connected throughHDMI by using only one remote control. For example by using the remote control of a television set to control a set-top box and or DVD player.

0 Kudos

All Replies
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

google HDMI - CEC - turn off any such settings in your TV preferences- It may not be called that - some manufacturers use their own names for the feature. - e.g. samsung call it anynet. disabling it should help 

disabling it should help 

Jump to: navigation, search. Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) is a feature ofHDMI designed to allow users to command and control devices connected throughHDMI by using only one remote control. For example by using the remote control of a television set to control a set-top box and or DVD player.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I apologise if my understanding is wrong but I don't think HDMI-CEC can be implicated here as it is not supported by V6 (or previous TiVo).

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

I apologise if my understanding is wrong but I don't think HDMI-CEC can be implicated here as it is not supported by V6 (or previous TiVo).

hmm - I know that Tivo does not have CEC, but it's the obvious suspect if turning off the TV turns off a connected device

maybe carefully mask the TVs IR receiver then see if the V6 then  responds to TV off on the tv remote, on the unlikley possibility that both devices use the same IR code for off ?

What's the make / model of TV - someone else may have one , and a V6, for a comparison test

0 Kudos