Menu
hanssg
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

upgrade

hi we currently have broadband only and my router is close to my pc, as i dont have a wifi card installed i use an ethernet lead. we are upgrading to a tv package with a v6 box,but i presume the box will go close to my tv which is at the other side of the room,how will they connect to my pc will i have to go and get a longer ethernet cable i have seen one at argos

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: upgrade

Yes, different boxes. The V6 has even less internet support then the tivo as the tivo used to have an internet modem built into it.

The V6 now needs to be connected to the superhub to get some if its streaming content such as iPlayer and for guide and software updates.

So you keep the superhub as is but need to connect the V6 to it.

All Replies
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A longer cable is best, if you don't mind it going across the room, otherwise look at wifi, or powerline adapters (both more expensive and lower quality).

Although if you keep the hub where it is, it can connect to the V6 through wifi at no extra cost.. and across a room should be ok.

0 Kudos
hanssg
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thx for the reply i was under the assumption the broadband and tv was in the same box am i wrong.do i keep my super hub as broadband then
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, different boxes. The V6 has even less internet support then the tivo as the tivo used to have an internet modem built into it.

The V6 now needs to be connected to the superhub to get some if its streaming content such as iPlayer and for guide and software updates.

So you keep the superhub as is but need to connect the V6 to it.

hanssg
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i see now thx for your help
0 Kudos