Menu
daleyp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

tivo v6 waking up

my v6 box has been saying waking up for 30 minutes now..any ideas..thanks in advance..

Helpful Answers
JamieMA
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tivo v6 waking up

If it was me, I'd switch it off at the mains if no change after another 30mins. Wait 10 mins then turn it back on again.

What's the worse that could happen? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

All Replies
JamieMA
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If it was me, I'd switch it off at the mains if no change after another 30mins. Wait 10 mins then turn it back on again.

What's the worse that could happen? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
daleyp
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

will try it. had an issue with netflix last night.box froze trying to load netflix. worked after being unplugged.was fine after that.
0 Kudos
JamieMA
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The thing is there is no reason a V6 box should be stuck on the waking screen for any prolonged period of time, other than it having a bit of a moment. Which 99.99999% of the time can only be fixed by removing the power.

0 Kudos
daleyp
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

mrs is trying unplugging now. its no good when you aint there and she has toddlers screamin for cartoons. falling out with these boxes already.lol
0 Kudos
Cooty
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have just seen exactly the same problem tonight. This box looks like it skipped the testing phase. I'm disappointed to see there's no response from anyone from Virgin on this.  I "reset" (power-cycled) the box and (after 5 minutes) normal service was restored.  However, it leaves one wondering about the reliability of the box...  I'm tempted to disable auto-standby/sleep.  My rationale is that if it (the box) gets itself into a state where it cannot come out of standby then:

a) Will it actually record the preset programmes I want it to?

b) What if it finds itself spinning in this endless loop when I'm trying to turn it on when I want to watch something? (I mean it fails to turn on 5 minutes before the Queen's speech for example)

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Alex

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I solved my problem by leaving the V6 in always on (suggestions off) and then leaving it in standby overnight BUT also turning my tv off (rather than leave that in standby). It seemed to me it was something with the tv that was causing the problem in the first place. 

Since doing this I've not had the problem back. Let's hope the fix comes from VM soon. 

0 Kudos