Menu
ten-tenths
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

new V6 and keep old Tivo

morning all

I have a V6 install booked for mid Jan but one of the questions not asked by the chap from VM was which existing box do I want replaced. I currently have a Tivo downstairs and a standard box upstairs. I suppose the assumption is it will replace the Tivo which will then be taken away. However, I would like the Tivo box moved upstairs to replace the standard box. Can I just tell the engineer to do this on the day or do I need to arrange it through official VM channels. Hopefully one of you MOD type peeps could let me know.

thanks

Jon

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: new V6 & keep old Tivo

I would phone up, on the day one of your boxes will be decommissioned and you should make sure it's the one you want to get rid of.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ten-tenths, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy 

I'm in total agreement with dannylau here. The V6 box has no extra monthly subscription fee when upgrading from a TiVo®. 

When upgrading from a V HD box though there would be a £5 increase (which is inline with the increase for the TiVo® box)

To ensure we are upgrading the correct box, let us know asap by giving us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and that'll make sure things go smoothly. The engineer will also move the TiVo® to the room where your V HD box currently is if you want Smiley Happy

Let us know how the visit goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ten-tenths
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath

I did contact accounts yesterday and they confirmed that the standard box was being replaced and the existing Tivo could be moved upstairs.

Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's great stuff Jon Smiley Happy

Let us know how the installation goes and if there is anything else you need, pop back here. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos