Menu
spacecadetuk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

netflix 4k?

got my tivo v6 installed today and when i look on netflix all the shows that are 4k through the netflix app on my tv say hd on the v6. Am i missing somthing obvious.

I do have the correct subscription as I have been watching through the app on my tv just thought the v6 would be a bit more seemless but as I say all the 4k content just shows as hd.

Live tbb graph
My Broadband Ping - VM
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: netflix 4k?

Okay, only other thing I can think of is Netflix will drop the resolution down if the bandwidth available isn't sufficient. How is V6 connected to your HUB?

Although logically if the TV app has the bandwidth available, so should V6..

Pop me an answer back and Ill escalate to the V6 team if needed. It will likely be after the weekend before we hear back, but may as well get teh ball rolling.

Have you tried the I player 4K content yet? Does it work?

0 Kudos
AndyWW
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had the same issue. You need a high speed Hdmi cable. VM posted me on out. You also need to make sure you are connected to a 2.2 Hdmi socket. I had to play about with video output settings too. I ended up with just 1080p and 2160p ticked.
It now shows as 4k on netflix.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Odd. I assume you have the V6 set to 4K output?

The V6 app will use the same metadata as your app on your telly so SHOULD be able to distinguish between the two.

When you go to watch a program you KNOW has a 4K option through V6 , what happens?

0 Kudos
spacecadetuk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

thanks for swift reply, yep 4k output, the shows that are 4k on my tv app dont even show as 4k in the description on the v6 just hd they play fine in hd but no option for 4k. i.e Daredevil or A series of unfortunate events 4k on my tv on v6 only hd

Live tbb graph
My Broadband Ping - VM
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You also have to have the 4K Netflix subscription 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Okay, only other thing I can think of is Netflix will drop the resolution down if the bandwidth available isn't sufficient. How is V6 connected to your HUB?

Although logically if the TV app has the bandwidth available, so should V6..

Pop me an answer back and Ill escalate to the V6 team if needed. It will likely be after the weekend before we hear back, but may as well get teh ball rolling.

Have you tried the I player 4K content yet? Does it work?

0 Kudos
spacecadetuk
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

connected via ethernet, but its not like I'm selecting 4k and it scales down, it's not even there to select.

On my tv app I can select 4k then as you say depending on connection it will scale to best available but on my v6 no 4k content to select.

Live tbb graph
My Broadband Ping - VM
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Kay I'm going to pass this up-line for you. Ive V6 myself but not a 4K telly so I cant try to replicate your issue.

0 Kudos
AndyWW
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had the same issue. You need a high speed Hdmi cable. VM posted me on out. You also need to make sure you are connected to a 2.2 Hdmi socket. I had to play about with video output settings too. I ended up with just 1080p and 2160p ticked.
It now shows as 4k on netflix.
0 Kudos
spacecadetuk
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Got up this morning and the 4k menu is there and when I watch it outputs in uhd so problem solved even though I'm not sure how unless it was a bandwidth issue and it's the dreaded peak time congestion. Will check again tonight and see what happens.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Live tbb graph
My Broadband Ping - VM
Thecatshome
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem,I pay the higher membership for Netflix 4K but can only see hd menu.4k plays ok through the app without any problems on my smart tv.My broadband is coming through Wolverhampton and at this moment,Monday night 8pm it just manages to get to 12mb it's the same every night and weekends.It really is time Virgin got this problem sorted out.

0 Kudos