Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (71 Views)

loosing connection to old Tivo box.

Have just had the V6 installed and installed the old Tivo in another room. Both are Cat5 connected via devolo 1200 power adapters. Both units can "see" each other. If my wife is using the V6 for watching a recording on the Tivo and I then watch a TV programme on the Tivo the signal to the V6 keeps on dropping out; frequently. I have put the devolo servicing the V6 in a different power socket but no difference. I connected the V6 wirelessly to the router. 55% Good signal but still the same happens.

Help please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (49 Views)

Re: loosing connection to old Tivo box.

Hi tinsey,

Thanks for posting on the community.

Are there any other devices struggling with the wireless connection?

Also have you tried directly connecting the V6 to your Superhub via an Ethernet cable?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (31 Views)

I am having the same issue. I cannot watch any shows recorded on my tivo via my V6 for more than a few minutes before i get a connection lost message. Both boxes are connected via cat6 cables. i can go straight back into the recording and pick up where it left off but having to do this alot to get through a show.

I can stream from my phone over wifi and play entire movies or from my computer using the same network without any issue but the tivo to V6 doesn't seem to be able to hold a connection.

Any suggestions or assistance would be appreaciated.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 4 (23 Views)

Thanks Rose,

Unfortunately the Router is in an upstairs room and it would be impracticable to connect directly to it. The Devolo units enable me to stream music and video throughout the house. It is only the Tivo 6 that has the problem. From the post below mine it appears that there is an inherent problem with the Tivo 6 box reading from another Tivo.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos