Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 10 (241 Views)

loosing connection to old Tivo box.

Have just had the V6 installed and installed the old Tivo in another room. Both are Cat5 connected via devolo 1200 power adapters. Both units can "see" each other. If my wife is using the V6 for watching a recording on the Tivo and I then watch a TV programme on the Tivo the signal to the V6 keeps on dropping out; frequently. I have put the devolo servicing the V6 in a different power socket but no difference. I connected the V6 wirelessly to the router. 55% Good signal but still the same happens.

Help please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10 (218 Views)

Re: loosing connection to old Tivo box.

Hi tinsey,

Thanks for posting on the community.

Are there any other devices struggling with the wireless connection?

Also have you tried directly connecting the V6 to your Superhub via an Ethernet cable?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 10 (202 Views)

I am having the same issue. I cannot watch any shows recorded on my tivo via my V6 for more than a few minutes before i get a connection lost message. Both boxes are connected via cat6 cables. i can go straight back into the recording and pick up where it left off but having to do this alot to get through a show.

I can stream from my phone over wifi and play entire movies or from my computer using the same network without any issue but the tivo to V6 doesn't seem to be able to hold a connection.

Any suggestions or assistance would be appreaciated.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 10 (192 Views)

Thanks Rose,

Unfortunately the Router is in an upstairs room and it would be impracticable to connect directly to it. The Devolo units enable me to stream music and video throughout the house. It is only the Tivo 6 that has the problem. From the post below mine it appears that there is an inherent problem with the Tivo 6 box reading from another Tivo.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10 (166 Views)

Hi tinsey,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you please advise if you are viewing a HD or and SD programme?  If you are viewing a HD programme, if possible try the SD version (If available).  If the issue doesn't happen then it may indicate a poor signal along the line.

Also, has there been any instances where you're streaming from each box at the same time?

I have found this article and thought I would post it here Watching recordings on another Virgin TV box in case it may be useful.  

Let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 10 (149 Views)

Hi Collette,

The problem only arises when watching, on the V6, a recording (usually SD) made on the old Tivo box.  After 25 - 30 minutes of uninterrupted viewing the V6 suddenly looses connection with the old Tivo box. Manual re-connection brings you back to the last viewing position but from then on the connection drops every 6 - 7 minutes. After the 4th attempt we usually give up and watch a live programme. If after 1 - 2 hours we go back to another recording on the old Tivo box everything is ok for the first half hour and then we go back to the dropped signal procedure.

This happens irrespective of whether or not, anyone is using the old Tivo box, in the other room. For some reason the V6 only wants to be connected to the old Tivo box for a maximum of 40 minutes.

Thanks,

Tinsey

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10 (96 Views)

Hi tinsey

Thanks for the update.  There is one more thing I'd like to ask you if you don't mind, do the recordings play back fine on the TiVo® itself?  I suspect they do but I just want to confirm if you don't mind.

Keep me posted Smiley Happy

Collette.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 10 (89 Views)

Hi Collette,

Yes they do.
Patrick
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10 (59 Views)

Hi Patrick,

That's great, thanks for confirming.

At this stage I have re-heck everything remotely and all is still looking fine from here.  

Another thing that has popped into mind is when you checked the WiFi connection, did you disconnect the connection to the power line adaptor?  If not, can you re-try this and disconnect the Ethernet please?  

This will rule out whether or not there's a possible issue with the power line adaptor somewhere.  As at the moment checks will seem to point to this at the moment.

If you can give this a try and let me know how you get on.

Collette.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 10 (53 Views)

As a customer who has the same issue over wired connections I wanted to share my findings and see if you can confirm similar?

Whether I can play a recording that is saved on my TiVo on my v6 appears to be dependent on which channel I recorded. For example anything recorded on fox or fox hd plays without issue and everything recorded on sky loses connection.

So far BBC, Sky and Disney channels which I have recordings of lose connection. Everything else so far works perfectly. Have watched a full movie recorded on another channel but can't watch a 1 hour episode on the above mentioned channels.
0 Kudos