just placed a order for 3x tivo v6 boxes install feb 3rd WHAAAAAAAAT

Hi

in our house we have with virgin

2x tivo boxes

1x vhd+ box

200meg BB

Tv XL plus sky movies and sport

anytime phone package.

i rang today to upgrade the two tivo boxes and the vhd+ box to the new tivo V6 boxes, i have been told its £49.99 per box plus a one off charge of £14.99 so the exact price i was expecting, but what i was not expecting was i have to wait till the 3rd of feb 2017 for it to be installed ? thats nealry 7 weeks for a install ? i have carried on and told them to go ahead but that is a crazy wait time, has anyone else had this issue when placing a order for the V6 boxes ?

i did sign up months ago to say i wish to upgrade to V6 when it is avalible and i would be contacted but got nothing so had to ring anyway so that was a waste of time signing up.

can anyone from virgin let me know if this process can get speed up or can i just do a self install ? they are telling me i cant ? but is it not just a case of taking old boxes out plugging new boxes in ?

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: just placed a order for 3x tivo v6 boxes install feb 3rd WHAAAAAAAAT

At the moment there are little niggles so it is engiineer appointment, demand is huge so wait times are way out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi trapster, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you're interesting in having our new V6 box. 

Only customers on the VIP package will get their second box for free. Any 3rd box is charged at £99.95 regardless of which package you're on so if you're paying £49.95 for each box, this equates to the same as having your second box free anyway. 

In terms of having enough boxes to meet demand, that isn't the issue. The V6 installs take a little longer as some customers will need to have their hub relocated to be next to at least one of the V6 boxes. Due to the time of year, a lot of our engineers will have some annual leave scheduled for the Christmas and New Year period as well as us all working some reduced hours. 

We will aim to get you installed as soon as possible though and don't forget there may well be a cancellation so it's worth checking to see if we can book you in earlier. 

Keep us posted on how the install goes and by the way - have a great Christmas Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

At the moment there are little niggles so it is engiineer appointment, demand is huge so wait times are way out

0 Kudos
trapster
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thank you for the reply

after looking at a few other posts should i have paid £49.99 for each box ? seems like some are getting the second box free ? virgin have not really done a great job of rolling this out so far tbh :-(

Benggo
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have a six week wait for another tivo box for the bedroom,so you are not alone in your waiting

0 Kudos
tintin_UK
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was advised today I'd have to wait til May for an engineer to get one box upgraded.

February doesn't sound so bad now, does it? 

0 Kudos
trapster
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

wow when you say it like that your not wrong feb seems almost like tomorrow, i cant understand why it is all taking so long maybe they should have geared up with enough boxes /staff to meet demand ? i guess someone has not done there home work somwhere at virgin ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi trapster, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you're interesting in having our new V6 box. 

Only customers on the VIP package will get their second box for free. Any 3rd box is charged at £99.95 regardless of which package you're on so if you're paying £49.95 for each box, this equates to the same as having your second box free anyway. 

In terms of having enough boxes to meet demand, that isn't the issue. The V6 installs take a little longer as some customers will need to have their hub relocated to be next to at least one of the V6 boxes. Due to the time of year, a lot of our engineers will have some annual leave scheduled for the Christmas and New Year period as well as us all working some reduced hours. 

We will aim to get you installed as soon as possible though and don't forget there may well be a cancellation so it's worth checking to see if we can book you in earlier. 

Keep us posted on how the install goes and by the way - have a great Christmas Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
trapster
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

funny enough i looked on my account last night and took a look at my install date and could see a calendar with dates avalibe for my install it allowed me to have the 23rd december(i had to ring to book it) but i now have my 3 v6 boxes being installed friday 23rd december :-) so all good, and thank you for letting me know the price with regards to the boxes.

hopefully the install guy will sail through the install, one of the original tivo boxes is about 4 inches from the router and the other two boxes are already connected via power line adapters anyway, so might make his life easier ( i have a install slot between 1pm - 6pm i really hope it is going to be the earlier time of the slot as we are out at 7pm so the wife is going to kill me if he turn up at 6pm  lol :-)

0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

"The V6 installs take a little longer as some customers will need to have their hub relocated to be next to at least one of the V6 boxes." Is this true... I have not my hub anywhere near my TV boxes, besides which I use it in modem mode due to the dire wifi signal strength. I have very strong wifi down stairs and upstairs with a repeater plus cabled cat 5 connections to both areas where he boxes are. I was thinking about upgrading but I am not moving my hub for anyone as it will not then serve my network in my study adequately..
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you already have wired Ethernet connections to both installation locations then your network setup won't alter at all, as long as the V6s can get a network connection to start initialisation.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos