Menu
richc2005
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

iPlayer 4k demo slight stutter

Morning all!

We now have V6's installed and they are very quick! However, there is a slight problem with the iPlayer 4k demo.

It has a slight stutter every few seconds.

The same was happening on Netflix 4k but after ticking extra Video Output settings in addition to 2160 (2160 pass-through and 1080p) it sorted Netflix but didn't resolve iPlayer.

Netflix was already working fine on the TV's own app so it doesn't appear to be a network issue. You-Tube 4k is also fine both on the V6 and on the TV's own app.

It's a new LG TV (UH650v) and I have tried switching the HDMI ports and High Colour settings.

As we have two boxes I've also swapped them but with the same results. The other TV is not 4k but the iPlayer demo on that TV also stutters.

So is it the demo or our set-up? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
0 Kudos
appleman
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPlayer 4k demo slight stutter

I have just checked and the stutter is present on my setup too
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's possible that the format could be requiring slightly more processing/buffering within the box than is expected, especially if the BBC are pushing the content in a format not natively supported by the V6.

It's a demo rather than a release, but something it may be worth looking into whether it's possible to feed back to the BBC.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
jimbojames79
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I had the same too. Interestingly its the same when I stream 4k from my Amazon tv box. However I get no issues when I stream 4k from my NAS locally. I use my own modem rather than the Superhub, so imo it's the internat connection somehow.

0 Kudos