Menu
aaaashy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

how do i allow my tivo v6 remote to control one/off and volume for a SONY TV?

not even sure thiswebsite <http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/vm-tivo-code-list2012.pdf> is the right one for this tivo system

the installers who just left told me what to do, but since there were many actions to remember i immediately forgot it a second after they left

and have spent the next HOUR trying to sort it

please give me a link to the instructions, not sure why i was not given there instructions 

seems a basic part of the installation 

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do i allow my tivo v6 remote to control one/off and volume for a SONY TV?

You could look in the help section on the V6, it lists all the code and instructions there

aaaashy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: how do i allow my tivo v6 remote to control one/off and volume for a SONY TV?

0 Kudos
aaaashy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

kept trying to use that and failed ... got the initial x2 green light flashes after pushing two buttons, but the following 0999 didn’t seem to work .... then i found another way, by finding the code for my sony tv and that worked immediately .. however that is just for volume/mute, not for on/off ... which is as i remember it being for my last Tivo box ... anyway i guess it will do for now ... but it might have been better if the installers had been able to do it themselves, then leave the last part of the installation to me ... time is money, but job is not finished until it is finished ...

0 Kudos