Menu
cloggs123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

fuming

just rang up to order my box. They said my credit limit was 104, it needs to be 110 for the v6 box. They sent off my request and I should ring back around the 13th and 14th and see what they say

absolute joke

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: fuming

I had no idea Virgin had credit limits..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New customers are credit checked and a credit limit applied accordingly. The credit limit is to stop some customers spending too much on PPV and phone charges. It appears that this also applies to one off charges associated with V6 and hence the requirement to check credit rating again to see if anything has changed.

I would expect most Virgin Media customers not to have a credit limit and it being set to zero, so you can spend as much as you want.

Demand
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I understand the box is £49 for excisting customers and just short of a hundred for new customers,no idea why ,after all ,it never becomes yours and you have to rent it,so why you have to have a credit rating is beyond me ,nor was i aware either.

0 Kudos
cloggs123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I offered to pay upfront for the box, or to put a deposit down for the extra 6 pounds. Now ive got to wait 3-5 business days for an answer

Sounds like rubbish to me. I'm on the maximum package,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi cloggs123,

Sorry to hear that you've had a problem with the credit check when trying to arrange for the V6 upgrade.

I'd like to look into this further for you, but I'll need to verify your details. I'll send you a private message requesting more information. Just click on the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help