Menu
stuey42
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

engineer refused to move my tivo box to another room when he came to install my v6 box

i was given the 9th jan as my installation date to replace my tivo with the new v6 box.(between 1200 and 1800).

i searched online to find out if i could have the old box moved to another room. as i was searching the webchat box popped up so decided to as the question on there.

after 10 minutes of questions i was assured the engineer would indeed move the box to my bedroom at no further cost.

i was using a sky+ box in my bedroom so to speed things along i cut all cables running to the dish,removed all the cables and had everything ready for the engineer to do his stuff.

he rang at approx 1700 to say he was on his way to install the v6. i reminded him 'and move the tivo upstairs'. he knew nothing about it and said he had no time to do that. even when i told him he didnt have to drill any holes as they were already there from the sky+ box.

when he came into my house he said he had rang the office and they look for my webchat and had seen the conversation and the operator had given me the wrong information. And he said she even got it wrong about cost because there is a charge.

where do i stand?  i have effectively destroyed my sky+ box because i cut all the cables on the understanding i was getting the tivo moved into its place.

stu

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: engineer refused to move my tivo box to another room when he came to install my v6 box

Unfortunately it seems that the operative you spoke to [yet again] has no clue.

If you want to have a second box installed, there is a recurring monthly charge for this. Had you requested it at time of booking then you should have been made aware of this.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: engineer refused to move my tivo box to another room when he came to install my v6 box

This is a comformation & a warning for you and any one else you can't take people's word for things, you eed it confirmed in an email, and if indeed you will incur any charges. Unfortunately Virgin that is in the communications business aren't very good at it.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Not quite the same but Virgin called me to offer me the V6.
This was back at the end of November and said I see you have a TiVo and a V+ so I suggest we take the V+ away from you and give you the V6.
I said so you will move my TiVo from the lounge to the bedroom where the V+ is and put the V6 in the lounge? She says yes no problem.

Engineer arrives on Friday and says so I am swapping out the TiVo for the V6. I say no you are moving the TiVo to the bedroom and taking the V+ from there instead. He says that is not what I have but they do this all the time as I am a contractor and they should pay me more to move the first box and install the other one.
He unplugged the TiVo and was setting up the V6 so as I was concerned he was going to take the TiVo and leave me with a V+ I offered to just swap them over upstairs while he was sorting out the V6.
He agreed so I did the swap out and he said he didn't care what he took back to the office just as long as he had something to hand back as it would be marked on the account to return a box. He didn't even want the power lead or the remote but I said take them as they are no good to me now.

So I think from our cases it is clear the booking of these jobs is not the greatest and in my case saving Virgin money.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The difference between your case and the OP is that you requested the move at time of order, which means [I hope] your billing will have been updated to reflect the additional cost of having two TiVo-powered devices in the house.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
stuey42
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

quick update.......

just off the phone complaining about what happened.

the guy checked the webchat in question and agreed i was given the incorrect information.

the result being an engineer is coming next week to install another v6 box in my bedroom all for no charge.

im happy with that

BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf wrote:

The difference between your case and the OP is that you requested the move at time of order, which means [I hope] your billing will have been updated to reflect the additional cost of having two TiVo-powered devices in the house.

Well I hope my billing does not reflect that charge based on the Virgin lady who called me said there would be no extra charge, no new contract everything would stay the same just giving me a new box for being a valued customer etc.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

stuey42 wrote:

quick update.......

just off the phone complaining about what happened.

the guy checked the webchat in question and agreed i was given the incorrect information.

the result being an engineer is coming next week to install another v6 box in my bedroom all for no charge.

im happy with that

I spose that's one advantage of webchat over a phone call... not sure if they would check the recording of a call even if there was one..
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BinghamBloke wrote:

Well I hope my billing does not reflect that charge based on the Virgin lady who called me said there would be no extra charge, no new contract everything would stay the same just giving me a new box for being a valued customer etc.

I would be interested to see your next bill

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi stuey42, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear the original installation didn't go to plan. 

As already discovered, the person you spoke to via web chat was incorrect. Usually we could have just added the notes to the work order but had they checked this, they would have seen that you only have 1 TV service so to add a second, there would be an increase in your price. 

I'm glad you've been able to get this sorted since posting and we're interested to learn how the next installation goes. 

If you need any further help or have queries just let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos