Menu
AlanLS
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

connecting two V6 boxes

Hi wise people.

I have two virgin V6 boxes (one in the bedroom and one in the living room) with a good wifi signal.  Both networks are set to allow control.  But neither box is seeing the other.  What is annoying is that initially they did talk to each other but then I changed the default names from something like D61M to "bedroom" and possibly some other settings (but nothing major I think).  Both boxes work fine on their own but I would like them to talk so I can see the shows of one on the other.

Anyway my first question is simply should I be able to connect the two boxes via wifi or not? 

Second question is if yes, then how?? 

Many thanks

Alan LS

0 Kudos
AlanLS
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: connecting two V6 boxes

I'll answer my own question as might be helpful for others. 

First you can connect two V6 boxes quite happily only using wifi.

This wasn't straightforward, at least in my case with a superhub 3.  first I had to give the the 2.4 and 5 wifi SSIs separate names.  Then I connected the TiVo boxes to the 5 (faster) networks (they wouldn't work on the 2.4 network).  After this they worked smoothly just as they should.  Also had the setting to allow external networks to control the box ticked to on though I'm not sure this was necessary.  Hope this is useful to others. Alan LS

0 Kudos