Menu
darensara
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

asking for pin number when option is set PIN not required to watch before 9pm

My Tivo V6 box keeps asking me to enter my PIN all the time when I choose to watch a recorded after 9pm film  when I want to watch during the day ( before 9pm). I have selected the option ' PIN number not required'

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: asking for pin number when option is set PIN not required to watch before 9pm

What channels are the film recordings from?

Sky Cinema recordings will continue to ask for the PIN outside the watershed hours appropriate for the recorded film. This is set by OFCOM in order to allow Sky to broadcast higher age rated films during the day.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
darensara
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: asking for pin number when option is set PIN not required to watch before 9pm

Ive gone away and checked and yes I can see that is the reason, but we have Angry birds with no classification showing and another film with U still asking for pin number

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi as Ben says Sky cinema channels will ask for a pin number all the time because of the number of films they show every day they can't grade them separately, other channels tend to show more adult type programmes after the watershed, a bit annoying I know I have reset my pin from the default 1234 to 4 of one number which makes it easier. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Gets on my nerves also.

Why can't you write into the software to completely disable age checking if the owner chooses to set it off ?

Why give us the option to turn it off and it does absolutely nothing on Sky Movie Channels.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dominatez wrote:

Gets on my nerves also.

Why can't you write into the software to completely disable age checking if the owner chooses to set it off ?

Why give us the option to turn it off and it does absolutely nothing on Sky Movie Channels.

Because offcom says so

0 Kudos