Menu
Oldbean
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

additional charges ref keeping TiVo box with new V6

Having ordered the new v6 box, quite happy with the £50 install charge and the £15 activation fee even the £7.50 extra rental, however why would VM want to charge another £50 for the install of my TiVo box in another room when the cabling is already in place? Previously installed for the use of my original modem. Not happy at being ripped off for no apparent reason. Yes the connection is live.

CRonfire16
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: additional charges ref keeping TiVo box with new V6

is it a brand new TiVo you are getting?

If you are getting something installed they do not charge anything to relocate the equipment to a different room.

if its a new TiVo the £40 is standard to get new equipment out and set up regardless of cabling.

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
Oldbean
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks CRonfire, short answer is no. It's my current TiVo box which I require moving to another room, I tried to explain this to the sales agent but she constantly butted in mid sentence, as is the norm with foreign call centres they seem to be reading from a script. End result she insisted that the installation charge was applicable to my TiVo. Looking at some of the negative comments on the v6 I may well cancel my order anyway
0 Kudos
CRonfire16
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can't speak for the sales agent but I have v6 and have ZERO complaints.

No one I know has has any issues what so ever.

The general vibe I get from the complaints online is it is not great with a weaker BB.

My BB has always been fine and V6 has been amazing
Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.