Menu
Richiano
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Youtube picture quality

I am having issues with playback on Youtube, When i watch anything broadcast in 4k the picture is very juddery on my V6 box but when i watch it using the app on my Samsung 4k tv it is picture perfect. I have even connected the V6 with an ethernet cable directly to my modem but has made no difference at all. Other than it being way quicker than my old Tivo box i cant really see the benefit of the V6.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube picture quality

Hi Richiano,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your picture quality when using the YouTube app on the V6 box.

Do you notice any other issues with the picture quality when using other apps (BBC iPlayer or Netflix), live TV, or recordings?

Please have a look at our online troubleshooting tips found on our Help & Support page: Fix Audio and Video problems on Virgin TV

Please let us know if this issue continues after going through these checks.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Richiano
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Jumpy picture

I have spoken to the technical team regarding my picture issues who sent me a new superhub 3 which has made no difference whatsoever. It seems I am getting the jumpy picture on anything that has been recorded and Netflix is virtually unwatchable  when going through the v6 box but perfect when watching it through the app on my tv. I am starting to get really frustrated with it now!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Jumpy picture

Hello Richiano,

I hope this has been resolved for you now but if not I would like to run further checks.

I'll just need to access your account first so could you send me a private message with the address/telephone number and the full name on the account so I can get this looked into.

You'll be able to send me a private message by clicking on my name and selecting 'Send me a message' on the right.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos