Joining in
Message 11 of 19 (119 Views)

Re: Xbox One and V6 compatibility

All correct.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 12 of 19 (95 Views)

Mine works okay on my Xbox one s, no problems, but when I pause a recording, voice control or using a controller doesn't work. Its not too much of a problem, can still change channels with voice control and I use the virgin remote for recordings anyway. My code for the box is Virgin Media (remote code C1060). What code do you use? To find the code on the Xbox, goto settings, TV and One Guide, device Control, the code for your TV and box are on the left.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 13 of 19 (89 Views)

A quick update......          I have found a code that allows full control of the V6 box, you can use voice control for pausing and re starting live TV and recordings. Goto settings, TV and one guide, then device control, then click on your cable box, then click on enter cable box remote code and enter the code C3265. That's the code that works for me, hope it works for you as well. If it doesn't work just go back to that step and click on the cable box setup link. Hope that helps....

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 14 of 19 (85 Views)

Thanks for your reply.  I have found the controller works fine, but there is what I can only describe as a 'lag'   When I fast forward or rewind on saved shows, the v6 box can't keep up and instead of a smooth fastforward at desired speed, it does that for a few seconds, then will jump a few minutes

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 15 of 19 (79 Views)

[ Edited ]

ericagradus wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  I have found the controller works fine, but there is what I can only describe as a 'lag'   When I fast forward or rewind on saved shows, the v6 box can't keep up and instead of a smooth fastforward at desired speed, it does that for a few seconds, then will jump a few minutes

...not being funny but when you fast forward/rewind on the V6, it isn't smooth at all - it fast forwards/rewinds in segments, and the size of the segments then depends if you have pressed fast forward/rewind, once,twice or three times. It is not a smooth process..........

Joining in
Message 16 of 19 (73 Views)

That's right, but one speed one fastforward, when it goes from a 10 second segment, to no movement, to having moved forward 5 minutes.  There is a problem

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 17 of 19 (69 Views)

ericagradus wrote:

That's right, but one speed one fastforward, when it goes from a 10 second segment, to no movement, to having moved forward 5 minutes.  There is a problem

...are you perhaps, pressing the 'skip' backward/forward buttons (which make the program skip backward/forward in larger segments), instead of the rewind/fast forward buttons:

V6 Remote.JPG

Joining in
Message 18 of 19 (63 Views)

No.  

As I have posted previously.  This lagging fault has been acknowledge by a Virgin engineer and they have confirmed that they have been told that the V6 boxes cannot run through an xbox.

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 19 of 19 (58 Views)

ericagradus wrote:

No.  

As I have posted previously.  This lagging fault has been acknowledge by a Virgin engineer and they have confirmed that they have been told that the V6 boxes cannot run through an xbox.

Fair enough, but with all due respect to yourself and some select VM engineers, I would have to say that a large number of VM engineers don't really know what they're talking about let alone know ANYTHING about whether or not the V6 is compatible with Xbox One (when my so called 'engineer' installed my V6, he didn't have a clue - I had to guide HIM on how to install the damn thing!).