Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 19 (221 Views)

Xbox One and V6 compatibility

After a string of problems since the installation of the v6 box, the latest engineer has told us that we can't run the v6 box through the xbox one.

There is a huge benefit to us doing this as a family, including gaming and watching tv at the same time.  Never been a problem with the tivo.

The engineer simply said, that it can't go through xbox one?  Is anyone else running their v6 box through xbox one and not having any problems?

If the two are not compatible, both xbox and Virgin customers should be advised.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 19 (195 Views)

Re: Xbox One and V6 compatibility

Can you expand on what you mean by 'running the xBox through the V6'? 

I have an xBox alongside my V6, sharing a Powerline back to the main Hub with no problems at all

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 19 (186 Views)

I have always ran the Virgin through the xbox.  So on the xbox, I use the 'watch tv' function and the one guide.  Means I can snap the tv in one corner, play games on main screen etc

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 19 (172 Views)

[ Edited ]

spater1975 wrote:

Can you expand on what you mean by 'running the xBox through the V6'? 

I have an xBox alongside my V6, sharing a Powerline back to the main Hub with no problems at all

To clarify, "running the Xbox though the V6" is not strictly correct....!! It's actually the other way around - you are running the V6 through the Xbox One.

The Xbox One has an HDMI IN socket as well as an HDMI OUT socket on the back. The idea being that you plug the V6 or TiVo or any cable box for that matter, into the HDMI IN socket, and then have a standard HDMI lead running from the HDMI OUT socket from the Xbox One, to the TV.  You then have your cable box turned on, and then turn your Xbox One on, and you can watch TV (the signal coming from the cable box), at the same time as you game.

I've never seen the point myself as when you just want to watch TV, the above setup would require you to have your TV on, your Xbox on, and your cable box on - 3 devices turned on, to do the same function as 2 devices on their own?!?!? If I want to watch TV, I don't want to game and vice versa - but thats just me....!! 

Additionally, when I initially tried this with my TiVo (when the Xbox One first came out), I found that the picture quality slightly diminished running the cable box through the Xbox, so disconnected it all!

I am sure however, that the V6 would indeed work though - just plug the V6's HDMI lead into the HDMI IN socket on the back of the Xbox One, and then an HDMI lead from the HDMI OUT socket on the Xbox One, to the TV. Turn everything on and you'll find out if it works or not!

Message 5 of 19 (162 Views)

Sorry, running the v6 through the xbox.  Hopefully this was clear when I described the functions that we wanted to continue benefiting from.

There are a number of advantages, that we like.  Voice control, watch and play etc.

Yes, the set up works, but the coding on the v6 means that the the v6 box does not operate properly.  Like for example when fast forwarding myshows, the show will fast forward then jump forward 5 minutes.

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 19 (157 Views)

ericagradus wrote:

Sorry, running the v6 through the xbox.  Hopefully this was clear when I described the functions that we wanted to continue benefiting from.

There are a number of advantages, that we like.  Voice control, watch and play etc.

Yes, the set up works, but the coding on the v6 means that the the v6 box does not operate properly.  Like for example when fast forwarding myshows, the show will fast forward then jump forward 5 minutes.

...how exactly are you fast forwarding? Are you using the V6 remote to do this?

Joining in
Message 7 of 19 (124 Views)

V6 remote, mobile phone or xbox controller.  All have same outcome.  Stuttered jumpy fast forwarding and rewinding

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 19 (121 Views)

ericagradus wrote:

V6 remote, mobile phone or xbox controller.  All have same outcome.  Stuttered jumpy fast forwarding and rewinding

I would firstly disconnect the V6 from the Xbox and just connect the V6 to the TV and then try the V6 remote - if it's still jittery, then your issue is the V6 box itself.

Joining in
Message 9 of 19 (113 Views)

The problem is the coding with the v6 running through the xbox.

There is no issue with the v6 on it's own

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 19 (101 Views)

[ Edited ]

ericagradus wrote:

The problem is the coding with the v6 running through the xbox.

There is no issue with the v6 on it's own

Have you correctly followed the 'Set Up' procedure, as detailed here (perhaps you have the incorrect brand of TV selected, or something else you haven't set up correctly ?)  :

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/live-tv/set-up-live-tv