Menu
scouse2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Writing to Ofcom about the lack of clarity. Any one else???

Hi all
I am so fed up with virgin media that i have cancelled my upgrade as i was promised a new V6 box
and a new HUB.
Phoned virgin media last night and was told the fitting was today the 18 Jan between the hours of 08:00 and 13:00 and was all set and ready. Waited in and at 13:00 hours phoned virgin media and was told no new box was on the way .
Total confusion; every time you ring up you get a different answer or price or information, told i have to have 200 megs to get the new V6 box not true you need a minimum of 100 megs.

Any way i have cancelled the upgrade and reverted back to the basic TV package but left the 100 megs on.
Virgin media are so difficult to get a straight answer from I am thinking of writing to Ofcom and complaining about the lack of clarity.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Writing to Ofcom about the lack of clarity. Any one else???

ofcom do not deal with user complaints
0 Kudos
Iain_M
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As has been said already, Ofcom can't help.

You'll need to speak to ‘Ombudsman Services' or 'Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme' (CISAS) http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2017317/Unhappy-phone-broadband-customers-given-omb...

0 Kudos
scouse2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ofcom wants all consumers to have confidence that services are not sold to them in an underhand way.

If you believe you were mis-sold a service, complain to Ofcom by clicking the link below and completing our online form.

Although we can't investigate individual cases, your complaints can lead to us launching investigations and ultimately to us taking action.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi scouse2, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've had some issues ordering your V6 box and Hub. 

When you called, did the agent advise why no one came? Did you place the order online or via the customer services team? 

As already mentioned by other users, and also mentioned in the your last post, OFCOM don't investigate individual cases. 

You can find our complaints code of practice here: Making a Complaint

If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
scouse2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I placed the order via customer service team to upgrade and hence get the new V6 box.

Total confusion, every time I rang your team would give me a different quote or different requirements; in fact I had a letter confirming the fitting date for the new V6 box + hub on the 18 Jan no one turned up to carry out the work.

So disappointed with the level of service and the confusion that I am thinking of writing to Ofcom and if enough people complain the might take some action but not on an individual case.

0 Kudos