Menu
HDFootyMan
Superfast
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wireless connection from V6 to Router?

Hi all, just had my old TiVo swapped out with a new V6.

The V6 is currently connected via Powerline to my SuperHub. But, I thought V6 was wireless? How do I connect it to my wireless network? I can't see any options in the Network Setting screen to enter my wireless connection details.

Or does the V6 require a Powerline connection to my SuperHub?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wireless connection from V6 to Router?

Once connected by powerline or direct ethernet cable, you have to do the following to get to the wifi settings:

1. Pull out the ethernet cable from the V6;

2. Re-boot the V6.

When the V6 restarts, you will be presented with the wifi settings.

To swap back, this is not neccessary, as you can access and change to ethernet connection again from the menu system.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The V6 is wireless enabled, though not actually having one, I can't say where the settings are.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Once connected by powerline or direct ethernet cable, you have to do the following to get to the wifi settings:

1. Pull out the ethernet cable from the V6;

2. Re-boot the V6.

When the V6 restarts, you will be presented with the wifi settings.

To swap back, this is not neccessary, as you can access and change to ethernet connection again from the menu system.

HDFootyMan
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah-ha, sussed it, I had to disconnect the ethernet cable before the option to select a wireless network was available.

Cheers for the reply.

0 Kudos
klangster
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've just ordered a V6 box and have been wondering the same thing since the guy on the phone told me the router has to be no more than 3 metres away from the TV. I currently use the SuperHub in modem only mode and use a TP link router. They're both in my little 'office' at the front of the house. The TV is probably slightly more then 3m (diagonally) away in the downstairs room.

What does the installation of a V6 entail (over that over the standard TiVo box that we've had for some time now)? The guy on the phone mentioned moving the router closer to the TV but I really don't want that as there are a number of things hardwired into the router in the office. Would the engineer consider running CAT5 cable around the house - or is that out of his remit? I guess another option would be to invest in another powerline set but I might need an extra plug socket to be fitted behind the TV for that to be most effective.

How is the V6 performing over WiFi?

Thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Given you have a separate router, possibly for wifi reach reasons, you'll probably be OK with a wifi connection to V6. It can use either 2.4GHz or 5GHz band, whichever provides the more resilient signal.

klangster
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the reply - will see how things go. Might look at getting an extra socket behind the TV just in case... although the standalone router sends to be doing a blinding job!
0 Kudos