Menu
BelindaE
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wifi not reaching round home

I want to order the new V6 box but at the moment my hub is upstairs at the opposite end of the house to the tv. I had the hub installed there as it is where my office and desktop pc is. At the moment to get WiFi downstairs I have a little booster device plugged into the kitchen. Obviously to have the new box I will have to have the hub moved downstairs. I am concerned that once this is done I will not get wifi to my desktop upstairs. Any advice please, have tried to speak to an engineer but getting hold of one on the phone is nigh on impossible.

0 Kudos
hackneydave
Dialled in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi not reaching round home

You should try Powerline HomePlug AV as an alternative to wi-fi. The technology uses your home electrical network to access your internet. You'll need several adaptors to connect to your mains, one in the room with your VM hub and the other(s) in locations where wifi is not working well.

http://www.homeplug.org/explore-homeplug/faq-consumers/#what

David Smith | Blueyonder pioneer (2001) | Mac OS X Sierra, WIndows 10, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, iOS and Android | Internal Distro via Ethernet Cat 6, 5 Ghz 802.11ac wireless and HomePlug Av2
0 Kudos