Menu
MarkEnt101
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wifi issues when V6 Box and SuperHub 2ASC both turned on

Have recently upgraded to a V6 Box from a Tivo and have retained Tivo in a different room. Following what appeared to be successful installation, now having wifi / wired internet connection issues when V6 box turned on. As soon as V6 switched on, wifi becomes unavailable on all connected devices (mixed PS4/iPhone/iPad) and TP link powerline ceases to function. On TV, EPG options for catch up and apps are greyed out and C133 error message received. On Smart TV, apps unavailable and message that network unavailable flashes up. Superhub 2 AC has been re-booted, reset and turned on/off again to no avail. On turning off V6/TV, wifi and wired connections re-appear.

Virgin team on phone little help with service line at T1 unable to assist and T2 saying they cannot see an issue and stating that it is probably environmental. Highly unlikely as equipment in same place as when Tivo worked.

T2 team suggest trying a Superhub 3.

Any ideas gratefully accepted

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi issues when V6 Box and SuperHub 2ASC both turned on

That's odd.. have you tried connecting the V6 by ethernet or powerline adaptor to see if it still happens?

0 Kudos
MarkEnt101
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks stevedh2. No static ip addresses that I was aware of. The TV (Sony Bravia), when on wifi seems to render everything ok - when connected by ethernet freezes all wifi. I can live with wifi only and disconnect ethernet - assuming clash possible. Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That's odd.. have you tried connecting the V6 by ethernet or powerline adaptor to see if it still happens?

0 Kudos
MarkEnt101
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Corinneangela. Yes, V6 connected by ethernet and will work but wifi will not work for alternate devices when the ethernet cable is connected tyo V6. Beginning to suspect it may be a clash with Smart TV - if disconnect ethernet from Superhub 2AC to TV, problem disappears....

distinctly odd
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any static ip addresses, i.e. addresses setup statically on the device as apposed to the fixing an ip to a mac (I run in modem mode so not sure if the hub can do that).

all I can think is that something has the same ip as the V6 is being allocated and possibly messing things up.

if not,see if you can find the ip address of everything as maybe somethings hanging onto an ip address where it shouldn't.

may well not be that, but worth checking.

That aside wifi usually has a different mac to wired so would get a different ip address.... hmmm.

MarkEnt101
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks stevedh2. No static ip addresses that I was aware of. The TV (Sony Bravia), when on wifi seems to render everything ok - when connected by ethernet freezes all wifi. I can live with wifi only and disconnect ethernet - assuming clash possible. Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I see you have an iPhone and iPad, you can get a lot of free network tools for them that would possibly help you see exactly what IP addresses are being used. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Ckrams
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey,

Did you get this sorted? I just got a V6 box on Tuesday and connected it to the hub 3 via Ethernet cable and when the TV is on all other wireless and wired devices cut in an out a lot and download speeds go to 2mbps.

If you could please let me know how you got on it would help me a lot.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting Ckrams,

Really sorry to hear about this.

I've located your account and can see that you've since had an engineer visit to investigate this.

Let me know if I can help with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos