Menu
Highlighted
Fred8
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why is there no service in Mallorca?

I have been abroad in Mallorca for a few days now and not once have I had signal. Does anyone know why this is? Is it because virgin does not provide service in Mallorca?
0 Kudos
cottrell2909
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is there no service in Mallorca?

If you mean on the to anywhere service its because the app knows you're out of the UK so prevents you using it. I had the same issue in Portugal.
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I understand it should not let you stream anything through the app but can you not even maintain your recordings etc?

I am going abroad in a couple of weeks for the first time in 8 years and I just presumed I could occasionally delete some things in My Shows etc just to keep on top of things but that sounds like it could be an issue?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is only live TV and On Demand streaming that is specifically blocked out of the UK.

TiVo / V6 management should work everywhere - as long as the network you're connected to doesn't block it.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I setup and deleted recording fine when I was in China. Does your phone have a stable internet connection?

studio_54
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is your question about tv services and connection to your V6 box, or about your Virgin mobile phone?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fred8,

I'm sorry to hear that your mobile service isn't working in Mallorca. Please verify that your data roaming setting on your mobile is enabled and that your APN settings are correct as noted on this post: Roaming - FAQs  or you can find your handset on our following website to have the configuration settings for mobile internet sent to your phone:  Online Send Phone Settings. If your handset isn’t on this list, you will need to manually reset the APN settings.

Also have a look at the following online Help & Support Page: Roaming Hub if you have access to WiFi.

If you are still having an issue with this, If you are still having an issue with this, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and send the following details:

Please provide the following details:

• Full name
  • Mobile number

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos