Menu
Karen-confused
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why does my V6 box turn itself off

Hi. I've had my V6 box now for nearly a month. In that time is keeps turning itself off. I'm new to virgin tv but didn't expect to have to keep ringing up to complain. They told me to turn the savings setting off which I did. But it still just turns itself off. If it's been on 2 hours or even 15 mins. The light goes yellow then the welcome screen comes on after a while it goes to waking up. After watching my multi room which is a TiVo that is also doing it now as well. Any advice would be appreciated
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does my V6 box turn itself off

V6 rebooting itself is a known issue on watching certain recordings such as Elementary and a fix is being worked on.

Both tivo and V6 rebooting themselves is odd.

Do they do this totally randomly or do the reboots tend to follow any pattern?

Apart from the reboots do you suffer any other issues such as pixilation which may indicate a poor signal level ?

0 Kudos
Karen-confused
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Picture quality and sound is good. It is turning itself off while watching normal tv Not when watching a recorded programme.
It has done it while recording and I have two recordings of the same programme which state partial recording on the message
But it seems to be just turning off any time there is no pattern to it
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok sounds like a faulty box, or power supply, we'll something that will require the visit of an engineer. You can ring 150.

If you wait on here it will take a week or so before a member of staff reaches this message.

0 Kudos
Callinder
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you have the TiVO on the same channel for some time and don't use the remote at all it'll go into snooze mode. You can switch this off by going into Home->Settings-> Device Settings->Power Saving Settings and choosing Always on. If you've done this, which it seems you have, then make sure your TVs aren't in a Power saving mode.

0 Kudos
MrT258
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have had two episodes of Modern Family cause my V6 box to unexpectedly restart. Resuming the playing of the recording  causes the same symptom meaning I can't watch that episode.

the box only restarts when I watch the recording, it doesn't occur whilst the show is being recorded

Bizarre I have only noticed with that programme.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

MrT258 wrote:

I have had two episodes of Modern Family cause my V6 box to unexpectedly restart. Resuming the playing of the recording  causes the same symptom meaning I can't watch that episode.

the box only restarts when I watch the recording, it doesn't occur whilst the show is being recorded

Bizarre I have only noticed with that programme.

If you do a wee search, you'll find a lot of discussion about this issue. A fix has been tested and will be sent out at some stage.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Also if you can't find it on catchup, forwarding past the place it reboots at is sometimes possible.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen-confused,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your V6 box.

I've run diagnostics on the box and it's up-time is currently showing as 9 days. Are you still experiencing issues with this?

Speak Soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos