Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 21 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does V6 need the superhub?

no wifi CAN be good for 4k.

It depends on the area and device.

I have one location in work that 802.11ac gets less then 1mbps. so you can't say Wifi is fine as it depends on factors you can;t control.

Maybe fine for you. Wouldn't be for me
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 22 of 29
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:
no wifi CAN be good for 4k.

It depends on the area and device.

I have one location in work that 802.11ac gets less then 1mbps. so you can't say Wifi is fine as it depends on factors you can;t control.

Maybe fine for you. Wouldn't be for me

Well if you want to go down that route then ethernet is no good for 4k streaming because it depends on if your area is oversubscribed and has utilisation issues and how many people are using the connection. Or in other words, wifi is fine for streaming 4k. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 23 of 29
Flag for a moderator

ethernet has nothing to do with the area. Vm do not use ethernet its coax. ethernet is only local on your network.

and if you want to tell people wifi is fine for 4K go and fix everyone with wifi in area that can't get the speeds to stream over wifi.

Bad advice like that is going to bit people on the ass. Make sure you give correct information
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 24 of 29
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:
ethernet has nothing to do with the area. Vm do not use ethernet its coax. ethernet is only local on your network.

and if you want to tell people wifi is fine for 4K go and fix everyone with wifi in area that can't get the speeds to stream over wifi.

Bad advice like that is going to bit people on the ass. Make sure you give correct information

I never said ethernet had anything to do with the area though did I. I also never said VM use ethernet. 

I'm telling people wifi is fine for 4k because it is. Just as if you are in an oversubscribed area, using ethernet won't make a difference as you will struggle to stream 4k just as you would if wifi wasn't setup correctly or other factors which had nothing to do with your original post and my reply to it. 

I've given correct information. Wifi is fine for 4k streaming. It's not my responsibility to then make sure every persons wifi is setup correctly or capable of 4k streaming. 

You said - "wifi is not good for 4k streaming". Wrong, wifi is fine for 4k streaming, someone else even pointed that out after your posted that comment. Again it's not up to me to then make sure everyone's wifi is capable. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 25 of 29
Flag for a moderator

it has nothing to do with peoples setup. Its to do with wireless congestion an interferance. that is not something people can control.

Anyway i'm gone. this thread is full of bad info so i'm not involved myself.
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 26 of 29
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:
it has nothing to do with peoples setup. Its to do with wireless congestion an interferance. that is not something people can control.

Anyway i'm gone. this thread is full of bad info so i'm not involved myself.

Yes it does. Wifi setup along with what devices they are using has lots to do with it, for instance 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz. 

Bye, some of the bad information was posted by yourself when you stated "wifi is not good for 4k streaming" which as you actually know is not factually correct. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 27 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Wifi is not [guaranteed to be] good for [reliable] 4K streaming.

For certain installations Wifi might be perfectly fine, but not for all, and there are enough posts about installations not working correctly without adding to that with V6 streaming issues.

To that end VM will recommend the hub is moved so that an Ethernet connection can be used, which in all circumstances will provide a good enough connection between the SuperHub and V6 to support 4K streaming within the internal network of the house without hiccups.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 28 of 29
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf wrote:

Wifi is not [guaranteed to be] good for [reliable] 4K streaming.

For certain installations Wifi might be perfectly fine, but not for all, and there are enough posts about installations not working correctly without adding to that with V6 streaming issues.

To that end VM will recommend the hub is moved so that an Ethernet connection can be used, which in all circumstances will provide a good enough connection between the SuperHub and V6 to support 4K streaming within the internal network of the house without hiccups.

Ahhh see that's not what was said earlier by the other superuser. 

0 Kudos
jlee1905
Joining in
Message 29 of 29
Flag for a moderator

You couse use a powerline such as the one i will link below which would allow you to still use the socket as you do now.

TP-Link 600 Mbps 2-Port Passthrough Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, No Configuration Required, UK Plug (TL-PA4020PKIT V1.20) - Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M16AZTI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_A9kbzbZT83K5N
0 Kudos