Menu
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 11 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does V6 need the superhub?

I was thinking more of the network in general, but yes that would make sense. Are cat6 cables suitable for connecting the v6 to the hub? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 29
Flag for a moderator

cat 6 would be the best method but the V6 has built in wifi or you could use powerline adaptors

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Up to speed
Message 13 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Graham_A wrote:
Unlike the current TiVo the TV V6 box does not have a built in cable modem, hence the need to connect to the broadband hub.

Well that probably just influenced me favouring Sky's Q service then :L 

I was already a little put off that multiroom still requires a dedicated coax connection which means even more mess to be nailed to front of my house but, the lack of 4K content was also something I was not a fan and also the fact that the offer from Virgin for getting this service in two rooms was more than Sky Q on its own....

Disappointing really Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 14 of 29
Flag for a moderator

JitteryPinger wrote:

Graham_A wrote:
Unlike the current TiVo the TV V6 box does not have a built in cable modem, hence the need to connect to the broadband hub.

Well that probably just influenced me favouring Sky's Q service then :L 

I was already a little put off that multiroom still requires a dedicated coax connection which means even more mess to be nailed to front of my house but, the lack of 4K content was also something I was not a fan and also the fact that the offer from Virgin for getting this service in two rooms was more than Sky Q on its own....

Disappointing really Smiley Sad 

Sky Q requires an ethernet and a coax to the 1st box, the sky q minis are wifi 1080p only.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Up to speed
Message 15 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Sky Q requires WiFi or Ethernet... coaxial to one box is fine... 1080p in other rooms is fine, at least the 1st box will get 4K content! (not from Netflix or Youtube)

0 Kudos
wjf152
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I have a new TV which is internet capable (and works well , connects to my broadband service without any need to move the hub (sh2) . So in very simple terms why would a new V6 box (currently on snailpace Tivo) need to be close to the hub . I have the Tivo in order to watch Tv and have no need for anything else . The wireless signal from hub to where my tv is is perfectly good , so would someone explain what the benefit/requirement is of 'moving' the hub to close to a v6 box actually is .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 17 of 29
Flag for a moderator

its to connect it by network cable for steaming. wifi is not good for 4k streaming. If you do not use on demand services much wifi should be fine.
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Up to speed
Message 18 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I'm currently using a V6 connected via WiFi in bedroom upstairs and hubs downstairs....

i cant say I've had any issues at all... streaming 4K through Netflix has also been working fantastically.

also been able to stream TiVo recording from box upstairs to older TiVo in lounge without any problems.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Up to speed
Message 19 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Actually I'm quiet pleased with the V6.... however bit disappointed in the lack of content available from Virgin....

I'm planning to get older TiVo upgraded soon as it is far too slow 

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 20 of 29
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:
its to connect it by network cable for steaming. wifi is not good for 4k streaming. If you do not use on demand services much wifi should be fine.

WiFi is fine for streaming 4k.

0 Kudos