Menu
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Which Channels/Programmes can we download?

Ultimately the thing at the moment that appeals to me with the V6 is the downloading to the TVA app.

Does anyone know if the channels that allow MRS allow the downloading of the programmes?

Basically I'm looking for a definitive list.
I am guessing none of the Sky Channels as I am thinking that is exclusive to them etc.

Any of you lucky enough to have one now able to answer me please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Which Channels/Programmes can we download?

Hi BinghamBloke, 

Thanks for your post and questions regarding downloading programmes to your apps. 

As with everything it is dependant on the content providers and we will of course make sure we are working with our content partners to continually improve things for you. 

Currently not all shows are available to stream or download. It does all depend on the content rights from each channel. 

Is there a particular channel you were looking at? Maybe I can find out for you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

To add another question to this topic.

Currently TVA can't be watched abroad. Presumably, if a programme was downloaded on to a tablet, then this will get round that limitation?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi frank_gm, 

Afraid not. 

TV Anywhere will continue to work as long as you are connected to a UK wifi network. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@Kath_F What is the point of downloading to a tablet if you still need a network connection?  I was expecting it to be the same as iPlayer and Amazon Prime where you can download stuff to a tablet to watch when you are somewhere without a network connection.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

You can watch downloaded programs when offline. First thing I did was turn wifi off to test.

How can TV Anywhere establish you are outside the UK, assuming you disable wifi, mobile data and GPS.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi frank_gm, 

Afraid not. 

TV Anywhere will continue to work as long as you are connected to a UK wifi network. 

Thanks, 

Why does a downloaded programme need a network connection? That is not how downloaded is defined by anyone else.

So can you give us a correct definition of what we can do because the word "download" is not appropriate?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

You can watch downloaded programs when offline. First thing I did was turn wifi off to test.

So is Kath_F's reply to my question above incorrect?

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

Ernie_C wrote:

To be fair it's a learning curve for all of us

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

Ernie_C wrote:

Sorry, Frank, my editing overlapped your post. I see no reason why downloaded programs can't be watched abroad.

0 Kudos