Menu
JamesRoberts330
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

What is your V6 Box Installation Date?

Bit of fun like, just thought I'd create a thread so we can all discuss our new V6 Box installation dates and see what the furthest date for install is, think ours will be one of the latest being on:

24 February 2017

0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is your V6 Box Installation Date?

Mines the 4th of january mind you i did phone up the day the orders went live..so i think its first come first served type deal..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Mine was Wed Jan 11th and then I managed to get it moved to Friday 6th Jan and take into account this was when they were not even able to be ordered as Virgin called me and asked if I wanted one as I had registered my interest.

Then they went on sale and some were getting dates before Christmas.
Not sure how that happened but I am getting it for free so shouldn't grumble.
0 Kudos
Soulfinger
Tuning in
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Mine was installed last Thurs 15th Dec. The speed is such a breath of fresh air after compared to the old slow and cumbersome box. 

richc2005
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

It's worth checking whether earlier installation dates appear by looking regularly under 'My account' > 'Order Tracking' > 'Reschedule'. If earlier dates are indeed showing then you can't change it online but give Customer Services a ring.

An earlier slot may still not be available even if it shows that there is in view of the extra time needed for a V6 install.

However, by checking daily I've been able to move original date from 12th Jan to 6th Jan. This morning I checked again and there were no earlier dates showing but checking a few minutes ago two new slots appeared and when I called CS was able to bag the 29th Dec. 

0 Kudos
JamesRoberts330
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi richc2005, for some reason we can't reschedule our appointment online as we get a yellow banner with

"Sorry, we can't show your order details right now. To talk to us about it, please call us on 150 from your Virgin Media home phone, or on 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, and we'll be happy to help."

We got the confirmation email with the date but no idea why we cant change it?!?!

0 Kudos
m-o-r-g
Dialled in
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

February 11th . . (even though I registered my interest ages ago etc ..  of which I had no reply) . .and the first CS rep that I spoke to said that it wasn't available in my area . .it was only when I got put on hold (for approx 15 / 20 mins) to talk to technical, who the first CS rep thought would know more about it to then be told they don't have that sort of information . . . 

. . .and then got passed to retention's, I then actually spoke to someone who 1. knew what they were talking about and 2. sorted it out for me . . although after what seemed an eternity on hold I wonder whether my install date could have been earlier Smiley Happy

But hey ho, had the Hub 3 delivered really quickly though ..  

0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!

I called up last week and got an install date of mid Feb, HOWEVER, just called up now and whilst sorting out my Superhub 3 activation, the rep was like,".....QUICK, I have just spotted 500 points on the V6". I was then like, ",,,,what do you mean, 500 points???" and she replied, ".....there's an install date of Wednesday 28th Dec'16 thats just come up - do you want it?"     HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 28th - V6? DONE!!!!#

Smiley Very Happy

Dereklad
Superfast
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Your
Joking i might phone them up..im up for jan 4th might try and score an earlier date,if its that easy..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Had 2 V6 plus Hub 3 put in last Wednesday also then an replacement for one V6 on Saturday due hardware failure .

VM = 2 × V6 , 1×TIVO 1TB TV full house +
Hub 3 200Mbps +telephone
BT Youview UHD + All channels 50Mbps +Telephone
Televisions = 3D UHD with Free play & Freesat , 3D HD Freesat & Freeview, HD Free view , HD and SD.
Human Freetime 1TB box.
Human Youview 1TB box
Just love TV LOL
0 Kudos