Menu
Tom41
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What does an installation entail?

From what I understand, a self-install is not available with VIVID Fibre or the V6 box; you have to get an engineer to come out. Our current setup is the cable comes into the room behind the bed, up to the shunt thing, and is then split to go to the existing TiVo and Super Hub.

Would this installation require new cables to be run through our house, or can it work with the existing coaxial cables (which were installed back in the analogue days)? We could potentially have an engineer come into the room, but we do not want a re-pull or anything like that if it can be avoided. Both TiVo and the Super Hub work reliably with the existing cables.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: What does an installation entail?

It's really quite simple. Independent of what is required to be done, simple or more complex, V6 is currently only available by manned install.

This may change in the future.

0 Kudos
agi
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Had mine done yesterday.   Replaced VHD with old TiVo  and  replaced old Tivo with V6.   They were only there for  about 30 mins  max  and all seems well after,  although had to  recycle  Superhub after they left  before on Demand would work.

0 Kudos
pgcowie
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Should not require new cables. Engineer told me that SNR tolerance were different for V6 so they had to test the line (changed my 3 way splitter for a powered 3 way to improve signal), so that's why its not self install.

deans6571
Super solver
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My install could have been a self install - the engineer, literally unplugged the TiVo, and plugged in the V6. Then he called up to deactivate the TiVo and activate the V6 and that was it. 

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

deans6571 wrote:

My install could have been a self install - the engineer, literally unplugged the TiVo, and plugged in the V6. Then he called up to deactivate the TiVo and activate the V6 and that was it. 

Maybe that is why you are having issues. I thought that there were twenty points in the V6 installation process?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Constable21
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My installer spent a bit of time testing levels and at the box over the road, so sounds like that's a marker for a good install and a warning if they don't.
0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

deans6571 wrote:

Maybe that is why you are having issues. I thought that there were twenty points in the V6 installation process?

...yea, I guess so Smiley Sad  Gotta call up and ask for the second line support who deal with the V6, so they can investigate further.