Menu
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 1 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Virgin messing up download to tablets

Well Virgin are really giving us nothing to download to our boxes from v6

basically any sky channels from living to one to two and more, can't have downloads sent to our box that is a hell of a restriction compared to sky q

Also no shows from 4 music or 4 seven or CBS or channel 4 Or E4 or MTV Channels and limited UK TV, the rest need to be TV anywhere but only wifi

There is very little material I can send to my box wow

But dont worry you can download qvc CNN and Nick recordings
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 66
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin messing up download to tablets

So the download feature on the V6 is pointless if you can't download from the likes of sky 1

0 Kudos

All Replies
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 66
Flag for a moderator

That's just typical as I thought you could download all your recording from what ever channel you subscribe too. 

0 Kudos
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 3 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Sadly despite them making promises they can't live up
Constable21
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 66
Flag for a moderator

I haven't got much on there yet, but so far I can't download any recordings from BBC1, BBC2, 4, Sky 1, ITV2 or W. In fact the only thing I can download is Corrie on ITV. Is it because they're on HD channels? In which case that's pants, as all my series links are set to record in HD, and makes this a useless feature.
0 Kudos
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 5 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Sadly no it's due to the contract that Virgin signed or the dregs left over and BBC is because you use iPlayer
0 Kudos
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 66
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

So the download feature on the V6 is pointless if you can't download from the likes of sky 1

0 Kudos
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 7 of 66
Flag for a moderator

My point exactly and it make me wonder do virgin want to make a success of there business or fail, its hard to tell anymore and tv anywhere to watch streaming still wifi only 

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 8 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Mate - at least you can download QVC - that's more than I have been able to!    My first box arrived on Monday, and I could stream live to my Tab 10.1, but not stream or download recordings.  VM sent an engineer out yesterday who replaced the box, and now I can't even stream.

I've just spent an hour on the phone to CS (okay, about 10 mins talking to three very nice people around the globe and the rest listening to that awful 'hold muzak).  The V6 support chap I spoke to was able to replicate the issues I was having and got the same error message and said he has to raise a ticket with IT as there's an issue with my account.  He wasn't able to just wipe my VM.com login details so I could start again... 

He's never seen the problem before (which is plausible given how new the general service provision is).  I completely accept that everyone is learning about the V6 as it's so new.  However like everyone else experiencing issues with the V6, I don't accept being told "no service can every be 100%".  One or two customers with teething problems is understandable, but wide scale issues which engineers and support techs haven't been trained to fix - seems to me like senior management need to complete their ITIL Service Management training.

I suggest anyone with any issues call CS, raise a ticket asking it to be escalated to the V6 IT team.

I'll let you know how I get on if they can resolve!

0 Kudos
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 9 of 66
Flag for a moderator

Wow that seems a major problem and i dont have the box yet, but dont worry about downloading to your box, its not really there 

0 Kudos
boomish
Dialled in
Message 10 of 66
Flag for a moderator

That does seem odd, we had ours fitted today, the engineer told me it has no hard drive! That does make sense when they talk about 6 recordings at once, it's all streamed so it's all down to your connection between the V6 and your network, I've made sure ours is on a ethernet feed via gigabit network switch, this should help any streaming from the box. 

The live TV feed comes down a separate cable feed but as all TiVo recordings are now in a Virgin Cloud is that streaming to Virgin anywhere direct from your home network or back down to the TiVo box then shared via your LAN. Any case I think it's best to use the V6 box with an ethernet feed & not just powerline connectors, certainly not just WIFI.

0 Kudos