forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Gaynor77
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin installation

Do the new v6 boxes rely on Internet to receive a television signal. Do you need to put a socket in the bedroom so that we can watch virgin television in there"

Sorry for being thick 😫
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin installation

the v6 boc needs a coax connection to the vm network as well as a internet connection for streaming and tv guide/software updates. the internet connection can be wifi, by powerlines or hard wired.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Gaynor77 wrote:
So does that mean I have to have a coax connection installed in the bedroom aswell as my living room

Yep!

Cable TV works on a linear broadcast distribution system just the same as TV aerial or Satellite dish reception. The box recieves all 200+ channels at the same time, it just selects the ones you want when you ask for them.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

the v6 boc needs a coax connection to the vm network as well as a internet connection for streaming and tv guide/software updates. the internet connection can be wifi, by powerlines or hard wired.
0 Kudos
Gaynor77
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So does that mean I have to have a coax connection installed in the bedroom aswell as my living room
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

correct. you will need VM to install another coax cable to the bedroom
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Gaynor77 wrote:

Yep!

Cable TV works on a linear broadcast distribution system just the same as TV aerial or Satellite dish reception. The box recieves all 200+ channels at the same time, it just selects the ones you want when you ask for them.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos