Menu
munndj
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin V6 Remote Intermittently Not Working

Hi

I am having the same problem as a number of other posts in that the remote on my V6 box intermittently stop working. If I hold the remote a specific way it seems to work again.

The other posts seem to stop with a stock answer regarding an existing issue but there is no mention of if / when this will be fixed as I have read getting an new remote from VM will not necessarily fix the issue.

Does anybody know if VM have a fix?

Regards

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin V6 Remote Intermittently Not Working

Not heard about Virgin fixing this issue, but it does seem to work better if you hold the remote in your fingers with yout hand above rather than holding in the palm of your hand.

0 Kudos
munndj
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, the "crab" like grip does work but not ideal and not a great impression for a new Virgin user.
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

firstly is your remote definitely synced with your v6 , does the little led flash red when you use it.

I can use my remote any which way and it works fine and is a joy to use, I even had it pointed the wrong way once and was confused when I rewound instead of fast forwarded a show. I'm sometimes sort of stuck in a corner of the room semi concealed by a table, and for the tv I sort of have to almost hold it over my head to get it to work, but for the v6 a gentle tap while it sits in my lap is all thats needed.

0 Kudos
munndj
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back but, yes definitely synched. When the remote works it works fine without line of sight of the IR. It just sometimes doesn't work.
0 Kudos
Dominatez
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TUT TUT.

The v6 remote does not need line of sight anymore. You can change the channel even if you hide the sensor.
You need to look under help and settings and involves holding the info button down for 6 seconds i think to activate it.

Also, check your batteries are decent and inserted properly.
0 Kudos
munndj
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I understand it does not need line of sight if it is synced, this proving it has been synced correctly which was my point.
0 Kudos