Menu
markyc0
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin V6 Multiroom

Dear All,

had Virgin Tivo for a few years and had a second box, but got rid of that and went to sky, now that we are moving house I am going back to Virgin and signed up to the new V6 box.

So I have ordered the whole package, with a V6 Box and an Additional V6 Box for another room, but what does the second box connect to? do I just need a network connection using Powerline Adaptors or do I need both a coax and a network connection

your help will be most useful so I can get ready for the installation works

thanks

Mark

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin V6 Multiroom

Both will need a coax plus a connection to your hub.. best is for both to use ethernet to hub.. if not possible, a powerline adaptor will work (as long as they are all on the same power circuit) failing that the 2nd could be wifi (I have one of mine ethernet into a wifi extender as downstairs is on a separate circuit and wifi down there is not great.. my hub is upstairs).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Each V6 remote in RF mode is paired with a particular V6.

All Replies
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Both will need a coax plus a connection to your hub.. best is for both to use ethernet to hub.. if not possible, a powerline adaptor will work (as long as they are all on the same power circuit) failing that the 2nd could be wifi (I have one of mine ethernet into a wifi extender as downstairs is on a separate circuit and wifi down there is not great.. my hub is upstairs).

0 Kudos
markyc0
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Many thanks for the information, very useful.

I see the remote controls are RF and not infa red anyone how good the range is on these?

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That is not something I usually do (only use remote from the sofas in the TV area, but I just tried from the other end of the room (room is about 19 feet long, TV one end) and it worked fine.. V6 is in a cupboard under the TV so no direct line to box from the remote. It might work from further away.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

markyc0 wrote:

Hi

Many thanks for the information, very useful.

I see the remote controls are RF and not infa red anyone how good the range is on these?

The remote is very good. I have operated my V6 from every corner of my property, upstairs and downstairs.

0 Kudos
markyc0
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok that is interesting, question though what if you have to V6 boxes, can they be programmed with a different address for each box???

cheers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Each V6 remote in RF mode is paired with a particular V6.

markyc0
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Perfecto, thank you