cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Output Settings

anap
Up to speed

Please could someone tell me if the Video Output Settings have been corrected in the V6. i.e. Do they now work like they are described in the info screen or are they like the TiVo but with extra 2160 settings?

659 REPLIES 659

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi anap, 

Thanks for your post regarding the Video Output Settings. 

Checking any known issues with the V6 box, there doesn't appear to be any fault open. 

What issue are you referring to as I can then double check this more specifically. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The original TiVo (pre VM) boxes had the video output settings as described in the info screen. These options have since been disabled by Virgin Media. I was wondering if they have been reinstated in the new boxes. If you select all outputs then the box should output the resolution of the broadcast but it doesn't. It defaults to 720p.

There is a catch with the output settings on Tivo.

Don't choose 1080p. I made that mistake and it fell back to 720,, as reported by the TV.  The 1080i setting is fine.

My V6 set itself there automatically and everything is fine

It's not fine really though. What you're saying is that you can't leave SD content as is (as the info screen suggests you can!) and that the TiVo/V6 boxes all upscale SD.

All TVs upscale to their native resolution anyway. Just set the V6 box to 1080i and have 1080p passthrough and 2160 passthrough ticked and the TV should scale the image. That should work best for most people.

I want the TV to do the scaling as the TiVo was originally provisioned for.

Then do as I said. Tick 1080i 1080p passthrough and 2160 passthrough if you have a 4k TV and then the TV should do the scaling.

cybmole
Community elder

@anap wrote:

It's not fine really though. What you're saying is that you can't leave SD content as is (as the info screen suggests you can!) and that the TiVo/V6 boxes all upscale SD.

if SD is left unscaled it will be a tiny little rectangle surrounded by oceans of space on a 4k screen!

I think you're missing my point. I want the TV to do the scaling! I never said anything about a 4k TV.