Menu
digitalmad
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VM new V6 nicks your Wi Fi bandwidth.

There number of issues with the New V6 box that needs action from VM and one I find very very wrong ...

Each new V6 ( TiVo ) linked by Wi Fi will nicks 54Mbps from any Wi Fi network using Laptop you use in your home, I have lost 108Mbps speed by having two boxes.

SHAME ON VM for taking my bandwidth that pay for your old TiVo had it's own network which means customer had full 200Mbps speed or around 188Mbps on average month.

It could be that Super Hub 3 sets Wi Fi group items and locks it at 54Mbps per item or the V6 just tells the hub to lock Wi Fi at 54Mbps per item ????

I feel that if VM keeps the V6 locked on 54Mbps even when not on then they need to give more speed to each customer to replace the bandwidth lost from each box as we paying for 200Mbps .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM new V6 nicks your Wi Fi bandwidth.

If you are basing that comment on the stats shown in the Hub3 management page then ignore it. It isn't showing reserved bandwidth and on top of that the connection speeds shown are not accurate.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM new V6 nicks your Wi Fi bandwidth.

Hi digitalmad, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Even though the V6 box uses some of your internet bandwidth to work it doesn't use anywhere near that much. 

Have you tried running a speed test from your Pc / Laptop? Are you seeing reduced speeds there? If so something else was at play. 

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos