Menu
forshawj
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

V87 Lost Connection - watching recorded programme on V6 from other Tivo

I have V6 connected via Powerline, and older Tivo also via Powerline in other room.

Trying to watch a movie I recorded on older Tivo onto V6 but kept getting Lost Connection (V87).

The connected V6 powerline is also WifI booster - and my son was using the PS4 via Remote Play doing online gaming... so I suspect there was either too much latency or the poor AV500 Powerline couldn't cope... or my electrical wiring system can't cope.

Regardless this is intermittent fault... as normally I can watch recorded programmes from other Tivo no problems. I have Super Hub 2ac.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: V87 Lost Connection - watching recorded programme on V6 from other Tivo

Hi forshawj, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you have had watching recorded programmes via your boxes. 

As you've mentioned this as being an intermittent fault, and by the sounds of the equipment you have, there are a number of things that could be the issue here. 

Have you noticed any similarities between when the issue is happening? 

Try to perform the action when only you are using the internet. How does it go?

Get your son to then play the PS4 to see if any different. 

A reboot of the whole system could also help. You'd need to go in order though. Turn everything off then power on the hub, then then the TV boxes, then the powerline equipment. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
trapster
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

hi

I am getting the same problem I have 3 v6 boxes all connected with devolo power lines and if I try to watch a recorded program from the main v6 box connected to the router from the v6 box in the bedroom and I try this when all the kids are in bed so no one is using the interent I get v87 after around 10 mins and every time I resume the program it plays straight away for another 10 mins then stops again so to watch a film it stops about 9-10 times.

the devolo power lines are very good and the throughput to the bedroom box is showing as 210mbit/s so there is good speed there and we also have a cctv box connected to the same power line and that never looses connection ? maybe I could disconnect the cctv and try ?

0 Kudos
Benv
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there - we have the same issue with our two v6 boxes. Did you find a solution? Thanks
0 Kudos
MrMalteser
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Did anyone get a response from Virgin on this issue. We have just had the V6 installed last Thrusday and I moved the Tivo into the next room, everytime we try to watch movies from either box, the V87 error appears almost on time every 8-10 minutes of viewing.

I tested this removing all networking hardware and used a single hard wired hub consisting of 2 network cables one to each Tivo box, changed the cables and hub still the same issue.

One thing I found was there is no network interruption when you leave the source Tivo screen highlighting the destination Tivo movies, no timeout, you can even play a destination movie and put this on pause for at least 1 hour with no V87 error, as soon as you start play on the destination movie, after about 8-10mins you get the V87 lost connection error.

So from my testing this is defiantly a Tivo issue as the environment has changed but not the Tivo box's.

Has Virgin investigated this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrMalteser, 

Thanks for your post although nothing has progressed any further on this thread as we never heard back from the OP. 

I'm sorry to hear that you to are having these issues. 

As mentioned in my reply above, a reboot of the whole system could help. You'd need to go in order though. Turn everything off then power on the hub, then then the TV boxes, then the powerline equipment. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MrMalteser
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Yeah tried all the obvious power on and off, we do not use Powerlines it's all hard wired in connecting to a single (very expensive router).

The fact that it stops every 8-10 mins and other people are stating the same frequency rules out home environments.

So I firmly believe there is an issue with the Tivo box's somewhere and how it plays.

I would hope Virgin accepts this and not fob us off with excuses, if it cannot work then lets remove this feature until it's been investigated and fixed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

MrMalteser wrote:

Hi Kath,

Yeah tried all the obvious power on and off, we do not use Powerlines it's all hard wired in connecting to a single (very expensive router).

The fact that it stops every 8-10 mins and other people are stating the same frequency rules out home environments.

So I firmly believe there is an issue with the Tivo box's somewhere and how it plays.

I would hope Virgin accepts this and not fob us off with excuses, if it cannot work then lets remove this feature until it's been investigated and fixed.

Thanks

Wow, it doesn't work for you so it should be removed?  What about those of us who have it working properly?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's all too easy to jump to the conclusion that the problem lies with a single element of the configuration.

I don't have an expensive router, I run a Hub 3.0 in router mode, and my V6 functions perfectly.

Perhaps the source of the fault is the expensive router.

0 Kudos
MrMalteser
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I really do not know what else to try, I've tried all other configs, wifi, different routers still the same issue.

It's very frustrating having to go back into the programme every 8-10 mins and play again especially with a movie.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

0 Kudos