Menu
Colinalbert
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6

Anyone running the new V6 box and Tivo as their spare box ? , interested in finding out of any problems or any improvements on the Tivo in picture quality etc .I will need to use power line connection if i upgrade not too sure of the quality of service i will receive.

Colin
0 Kudos
pgcowie
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6

I have that setup and use Powerline adaptors from TPLInk, works fine, I am watching all my old recording from Tivo on V6 with no problems

TP-LINK AV600 Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit, TL-PA4010P KIT

No difference in picture quality as I only have HD TV

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6

Ive V6 and Tivo.

Tivo is hardwired through powerline. V6 hardwired, but Ive tested it both on WiFi and powerlines and had no issues with either.

Once the two boxes are on your account, you can use MRS and stream from one to the other (subject to any licensing restrictions) using all 3 methods of connection (for the V6, obviously your spare TiVo (old) will not connect wirelessly)

Quality of standard broadcasts is distinct from the network connection- it still uses the coax for that so even if your WiFi is ropey, it wont affect the picture quality of live or recorded broadcasts. It will however affect on demand as that no longer comes through a built in cable modem, but through your main broadband connection. So powerlines (newer models with higher speeds) are a good bet for that reason.

Picture is improved over TiVo, especially when using 1080p settings.

0 Kudos