Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6

Hi Swalker260,

Many thanks for your message, I can see that you are new to the Community, welcome in Smiley Happy

I don't have any information on the 4K side of the V6 but I'm sure once we've got some news be sure to check one of our stickies at the top of the TV boards. 

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
eversm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Despite the press coverage this week that the new V6 4K box will be available to existing customers before the end of 2016, I was very disappointed to learn that, having phoned Virgin today, the new box is only being piloted by a select number of "staff" and that it won't be available until at least early January...note to self "Don't believe everything you read in the press" Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

eversm wrote:

Despite the press coverage this week that the new V6 4K box will be available to existing customers before the end of 2016, I was very disappointed to learn that, having phoned Virgin today, the new box is only being piloted by a select number of "staff" and that it won't be available until at least early January...note to self "Don't believe everything you read in the press" Smiley Happy

...not being funny but DO NOT call VM on the phone and enquire about the V6 - phone operators are clueless and just reading off a script.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bingley
Superfast
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This is exactly how NOT to run a company. It`s just laughable . Never in my entire life have I experienced such incompetence on such a grand  scale.It just reads like lots of headless chickens running about.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Bingley wrote:

It just reads like lots of headless chickens running about.

You've been reading the rest of the V6 posts, right? Smiley Wink
Plenty of chickens running trying to get a box that hasn't been put up for order yet...

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi eversm, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear the team over the phone weren't much help. 

Existing customers can order the box as soon as the V6 box goes live on our system this month. it's new customers that will need to wait until January. 

As soon as we're able to accept orders, we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
eversm
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F,

It's nearly the end of this month and still no news on whether I can order the new box...frustrating to say the least...

Enjoy your Christmas.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

eversm wrote:

Kath_F,

It's nearly the end of this month and still no news on whether I can order the new box...frustrating to say the least...

Enjoy your Christmas.

You've been able to order it for a couple of weeks now, hence the V6 forum with lots of posts

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi eversm, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to see you missed the announcement in the news section of the Forum. 

I did try and post on the threads with people wanting to know when they could order but looks like this one was missed Smiley Sad

As mentioned by dannylau, you can order the box. Got o My Virgin Media to upgrade online. 

If you have any discounts on your account then you'll need to call us instead on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos