Menu
squidgysquidge
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 with existing TiVo 500GB

I've just got a V6 and want to connect it to the TiVo 500GB.  The engineers did not do this for me.  How do I do this?

I have connected the TiVo 500 to the Virgin Media hub by network cable.

The Virgin Media hub is running in Modem mode .

My V6 is connected to the internet by WiFi.

How do I access the content on my old TiVo 500 from the V6?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 with existing TiVo 500GB

MUST means MUST.

Did you arrange to keep the old TiVo as an additional box and accept to pay the additional charge to do so?

If no then the box is not yours to keep and use and cannot be made to work.

If yes then the engineer should have installed an additional co-ax point for connection. You should call in arrange for this contracted work to be done.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On the V6 go to 'my shows' scroll to the bottom and there should be your Tivo showing. Can watch your shows recorded on the Tivo from there.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Some questions.

Is your TiVo connected to co-ax as well as to your Superhub? It MUST be.

Your Superhub is in Modem Mode? You presumeably have your own router connected? If so, the TiVo would have to be connected to your router.

squidgysquidge
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the fast replies.

My new TiVo 6 is connected to coax.

My Superhub is connected to coax.

My old TiVo is not connected to coax.

I don't have another coax cable to connect the old Tivo to as well?  Have the engineers missed something?

Is it really necessary to connect the old TiVo to coax - how can I do this if I don't have another coax?

Yes, Superhub is in Modem mode.  I've tried connecting old TiVo to both Superhub Ethernet and Router, but does not work either way.  I do not see the old TiVo contents in "My Shows" on the V6.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

MUST means MUST.

Did you arrange to keep the old TiVo as an additional box and accept to pay the additional charge to do so?

If no then the box is not yours to keep and use and cannot be made to work.

If yes then the engineer should have installed an additional co-ax point for connection. You should call in arrange for this contracted work to be done.

0 Kudos
squidgysquidge
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I asked the engineer if I could keep the old box or transfer the content.  They didn't tell me about any additional charges but they rang up their call centre and were given a code and then told me I could keep it at no further cost. 

They also gave me an Ethernet cable which they said should be used to connect the old Tivo to the new Tivo, I would then see the old content in the new shows - which was clearly wrong.

Also, they did not actually complete the install of the TiVo 6 - the "wall garden" was down so they left and told me to do it myself later. 

In my bill I've been charged twice for the install and it is not working.

Looks like I'll have to give them a call...

Thanks for the information.

0 Kudos