Menu
DazSat
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

V6 with Superhub 2

I'm getting delivery of the new V6 box & superhub 3 on Friday & after reading ALOT of issues with the new superhub, I want to know if it works okay with the Superhub 2?
Or has the issues with the new Superhub been ironed out?!?!
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 with Superhub 2

My V6 works perfectly with superhub 2. 

techifan
Dialled in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If you have no current issues with your SH2 or SH2ac then it will be fine with the V6.

I am using a SH2ac with my V6. (Some users are still reporting problems with their SH3)

DazSat
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it works with the 2ac.
Very reluctant to move over to the SuperHub 3 after reading the endless complaints.

Thanks 👍🏼
0 Kudos
Ippy68
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Were you able to keep your Superhub 2 with the V6 Box ?

I'm having one installed in a couple of weeks, and have also been offered the Superhub 3, but have been really pleased with my Superhub 2 (which I'm using in Modem mode with a Netgear Router). Just wondering if you were able to do the same, and if you contacted Virgin to make the change, or waited for the Engineer ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
techifan
Dialled in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ippy68 wrote:

Hi

Were you able to keep your Superhub 2 with the V6 Box ?

I'm having one installed in a couple of weeks, and have also been offered the Superhub 3, but have been really pleased with my Superhub 2 (which I'm using in Modem mode with a Netgear Router). Just wondering if you were able to do the same, and if you contacted Virgin to make the change, or waited for the Engineer ?

Thanks !

Is there a reason for not going for the self install option.

That would make things a little easier as the visiting engineer may not be willing to agree to you keeping your SH2.

0 Kudos
Ippy68
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes self install not possible because router/modem and TV box are in seperate rooms. I'm reluctant to switch to the Superhub 3, so will probably call Virgin next week and tell them I want to keep my existing Superhub 2, was just wondering if that would be an issue. I've read lots of negative reports on the Hub3. Thanks

0 Kudos
VM001
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat as well.  (Didn't notice this thread before I posted one of my own).  Engineer install because I was asked if I had the superhub in the same room as the TiVo.  Well, I don't, but I do have ethernet cables running through the house, so I suppose I could have fudged the answers to have got them to agree to the self-install.

I might do the same when the engineer calls and ask if he can just install the TiVo and leave my existing superhub 2 well alone.

0 Kudos
Ippy68
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

VM001 wrote:

I'm in the same boat as well.  (Didn't notice this thread before I posted one of my own).  Engineer install because I was asked if I had the superhub in the same room as the TiVo.  Well, I don't, but I do have ethernet cables running through the house, so I suppose I could have fudged the answers to have got them to agree to the self-install.

I might do the same when the engineer calls and ask if he can just install the TiVo and leave my existing superhub 2 well alone.

Glad I'm not the only one lol. I work from home too, over a VPN, so the last thing I need is to mess with a perfectly adequate internet connection. My son also uses the net for XBox and PS2 gaming. I'm going to contact Virgin on Monday and tell them I want to keep my Hub2 when they install the V6

0 Kudos
techifan
Dialled in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You can have the V6 and your SH in separate rooms but.

My SH2ac is located upstairs, one of the ports is connected to a pc another port is connected to a ethernet cable which goes downstairs to an ethernet switch.

One of the switch ports is connected to the V6.

The thing is VM do not recommend linking the SH and V6 via WiFi due to the possibility of reliability/stability issues (although some have)

Also, you will have go for the SH3 if your package includes a broadband speed increase of >200Mb 

BTW, yes I did go for the self install option.

0 Kudos